Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• SRC Member
:sick: :sick: :sick: damn cool pics! would be really great if the first pic was clearer.. btw what worm is that!? bristle? spagetti?

• Senior Reefer

:sick: :sick: :sick: damn cool pics! would be really great if the first pic was clearer.. btw what worm is that!? bristle? spagetti?

Impossible to take clear microscope pics without a build in camera in the lens. I had to position my phone cam at the ocular piece and take photo. V hard to do.

Not to mention the worms produced this white stuff when stressed and blurred out the whole slide.

No idea way the worms are. None are bristle and they Look v v v strange when alive

i found another hybrid flasher wrasse.

as i've said in the past, hybrid flasher wrasses are very common. in fact, just as common as non-hybrids. because flasher wrasses have a very messy and non-organised spawning pattern in the wild, similar species tend to mix and spawn at the same time. causing many hybrids to occur.

this one is a flavianalis x filamentosus hybrid. the most common hybrid you can find. and in every shipment there will be at least 1, if not more.

look at the tail.

a long lunated tail from filament X the rounded tail from flavianalis will result in the double emarginated tail that the hybrid posesses. it also has a verticle band on the tail which came from flavianalis.

cost the same as a non-hybrid, looks almost the same. takes a real fish geek to see. it's common, not rare, not expensive. just a little bit more unique! so if you like it, you can take a try at trying to find one next time!

hi bro

saw this too, at CF?

too bad i purchased my yellow fin liao

if not i sure grab this piece

cheers

• Senior Reefer

The power of DSLR. The mitratus is v nice too.

i like the shot too. it's a reflection shot! double the beauty.

the mitratus also v nice.

Love the hooded wrasse! :wub: Told ya you need a DSLR! I'll be saving up for one too...

thanks!

yes i love the hooded wrasse too. i like how the orange back turns lilac/pinkish when it's flashing!

and yah after seeing jeremy take photos of the fishes with a DSLR, i also want to save up for one.