Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• Senior Reefer

Vanuatu . Ordered thro Victor.

Vanuatu Roseafascia is super expensive. If you're v v v lucky sometimes Philippine shipment will have. Coz Cebu has Roseafascia too. And v cheap. Few tens of dollars only

you can own one if you really want to.

declivis butterflies are common and very hardy. they feed very easily and are bullet proof once stabalised. and they are not overly expensive. LCK and iwarna sells them for about 15-17 red notes.

here's two more photos for you.

Wow,Nice shot!u trying to poison me ar? :pinch:

Are they reef safe?will they pick on my zoa?

• SRC Member
  • Senior Reefer

:angel: In Memoriam of my sweetie ROSEA :eyebrow:

now mine is joining yours in fish heaven!

no more roseafascia in singapore anymore.

i like to hunt for cheap and rare stuff that people don't normally pay attention to. my roseafascia was one of them.

R.I.P!

• Senior Reefer

this blue stag is my miracle SPS.

got it as a completely browned out specimen with only the tips blue.

but the colours are coming back now. it will never be as blue as a wild one but hey, better than brown!

post-15755-0-64444500-1296661425_thumb.j

post-15755-0-37875400-1296661444_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...
  • Senior Reefer

After battling dinoflagellates for a few weeks, there's finally light at the end of the tunnel. Situation has improved alot.

Anyway, found this blenny yesterday.

It's a rare and beautiful fish that's presumably endemic only to Tonga. Meiacanthus tongaensis. The tongan fang blenny.

The genus Meiacanthus comprises of many species and many of them are available to us. But this one is uncommon and i've not seen it before. In fact, i did not even know it existed until today, when i mis-ID it as M. mossambicus from Africa. But after checking fishbase and google, the identity is M. tongaensis.

The dirty yellow body is nice and the eerie ectoplasmic green head adds a spooky and mysterious touch. Not to be confused with the pure yellow canary blenny.

post-15755-0-51592300-1297588074_thumb.j

post-15755-0-87149600-1297588080_thumb.j

• Senior Reefer

Looks like this dude is turning into the HULK!

i love the dirty disgusting green colour it has.

although not bright green or bright yellow, the pus coloured fish is very interesting. and yes, hulk like.

• SRC Member

'pus-coloured' fish.. lol.. u're still not done with ur obsession over pus eh.. :sick:

oh i saw this fish ytd, CF right?

• Senior Reefer

'pus-coloured' fish.. lol.. u're still not done with ur obsession over pus eh.. :sick:

oh i saw this fish ytd, CF right?

hey nice! the colour looks exactly like this face :sick:

yah it is pus coloured indeed.

yes CF. was surprised to see it and so i decided to buy. not expensive anyway.

this fish has made me appreciate the fangblennies more.

of course, the king of them all from Japan. Meiacanthus kamoharai. ohh man i want it so badly.

post-15755-0-70085000-1297590343_thumb.j

post-15755-0-44141500-1297590349_thumb.j

• Senior Reefer

Nice fang blenny. Yup. They are nice indeed!

But beware of their bites (if they do) read that it's toxic.

you have a M. smithi right? the white ones. those are nice too.

Their bites are toxic. they have venom glands above their hollow teeth and can inflict painful bite. but they are reluctant to do so and won't attack for fun. it's used as self defense or a last resort.

What Acropora is this?

the body is green, tips is light coloured and the polyps are blue. don't know if it's easy or not. just try bah.

This is a tort sps. Classified as one form of staghorn species. This one you got is one of the nicest and easier specimen to colour up. Nice catch :thumbsup:

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

• SRC Member

This is a tort sps. Classified as one form of staghorn species. This one you got is one of the nicest and easier specimen to colour up. Nice catch :thumbsup:

lemon how's this piece doing for you? i've the same one but the polyps lost its blue :( i've noticed this is the remaining pieces at the shops as well. it did colour up on the branches but i doubt the blue will return on mine

post-15983-0-96104700-1297996156_thumb.j