Coral kena AIDS

Brunei

Dear bros,

I hope you guys can help me on this.

I've noticed that most of my corals have crimson dots and pacthes on their flesh.

I keep elegance, bubble, open brain and i realised this 'disease' on all of them.

Anyone experience this before?

Kindly share with me if you seen this phenomenom before.

Thanks!!

• SRC Member

Sounds like flatworms. Bro, do they look like this?

flatworm1.jpg

If the infestation is as serious as the pic above, you will have to dose flatworm exit into the whole tank to nuke them (and run carbon after that cos they release toxins upon death). Alternatively you can introduce fishes that eat them, but that won't guarantee that it will be gone completely.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer

these flatworms pictured above are harmless and photosynthetic, and thrive in high nutrient tanks. they don't harm your coral, but severe infestations can block out light and your coral will die from insufficient light.

you can dip the affected coral in coral RX to rid the worms.

• Senior Reefer

in heavy infestations the flatworms will proliferate faster than chelidonura can consume.

the nudibranch are often found unhealthy in shops and when introduced into the aquarium, may not even eat all the flatworms and just float around to die.

chelidonura nudibranches can be successfully bred in home aquaria provided they are healthy, and have a good number of flatworms available in the tank to feast on.

do note that if you intend to use them in heavily infested reef tanks, chances are they will not eradicate all of them.

to top it off, chelidonura varians isn't a very hardy invert... too sensitive and often die even with flatworms available to feast on

• SRC Member

i used to have infestation of these.. bought 2 blue velvets also no use.. in the end, a small sixline took care of them all in less than a week..

Reefer bros,

Thanks a lot for the feedback and assistance on my plight.

From the pics attached by the kind reefer bros, i really really cannot justify if its flatworm.

Dun worry i will take some close-up pics and post it tommorow.

Once again, thanks so much guys for the help.

i used to have infestation of these.. bought 2 blue velvets also no use.. in the end, a small sixline took care of them all in less than a week..

Ya.. same experience as Vinc.. my velvets only last for 3 weeks after that MIA... Frequent water change is the best... and I add a few wrasee like mystery wrasses, blue star leapord wrasses & yellow coris wrasses.. I think they help some too.. But base on reserach they r speculate consume flat worm by chance.

I dun dare keep six line as knowing too many bad record from other reefers...

Pls find below some info on flatworm eater nudibranch (book : The Reef Aquarium by julian sprung pg 428)... that is a few others beside velvets.. but all known as short life...

post-9248-12741097520732_thumb.jpg

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore