I have a question to ask... pls read this first before posting.

comycus

• SRC Member

yes the wonders of google-fu..... and I give copyright acknowledgements to binosage for teaching me that word.. :):ThanxSmiley:

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

No la Desi, the term "google-fu" is picked up from somewhere too haha. Or you can also say "The Google is strong with this one" or "May the Google be with you". Sorry if OT haha :off:

BTW, Comycus has a point, actually a lot of topics on the board can be easily Google-d. That's not to say don't ask questions at all, but a lot of questions have been posted over and over again, sometimes newbie threads don't get replies because a lot of reefers here can get tired of typing out a full reply for water cycling every 3 weeks :blush:

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

NICE!!!! good point...

For newbie reefers whom are looking to post to ask questions, please do not take comy the wrong way.. I know many reefers may have already done some reading up but are still not sure.. so please do not be put off and refrain from asking.. What comy meant was to highlight the point whereby many topics and questions have been raised and answered before by reefers around the world and these can easily be obtain from the internet..

In short, do some homework before firing away.. if still in doubt i'm sure many reefers and mods will be happy to help! thumbsup.gif

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member

LMGTFY?

LMGTFY.

For all those people that find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than google it for themselves.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

that makes no sense. i posted that on LMGTFY?

you've posted something similiar to urge reefers to do some research before posting questions rite? As alot of information can be obtain in not just SRC but in RC etc as well..

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member

Hahaha no la, LMGTFY.com is a passive aggressive way of googling something for people. For example, lets say you ask "what is abcdef", something on the forum that will just take you 2 seconds to google , then someone will enter the question into lmgtfy.com and post it as a reply.

The site will animate the cursor and the typing, and the remarks below are very sarcastic. Pay attention the the site, it is not google. Hahaha!

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer

you've posted something similiar to urge reefers to do some research before posting questions rite? As alot of information can be obtain in not just SRC but in RC etc as well..

OH lol. i tot u meant i post the kiss marry thing before in LMGTFY

• SRC Member

Ray -> :chair:

LL -> :chair:

Bino -> :chair:

3 of us talking about different things hahahaha! Yah Desi, it is like Blackadder.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

NICE!!!! good point...

For newbie reefers whom are looking to post to ask questions, please do not take comy the wrong way.. I know many reefers may have already done some reading up but are still not sure.. so please do not be put off and refrain from asking.. What comy meant was to highlight the point whereby many topics and questions have been raised and answered before by reefers around the world and these can easily be obtain from the internet..

In short, do some homework before firing away.. if still in doubt i'm sure many reefers and mods will be happy to help! thumbsup.gif

Google god is my best friend :friends:

Good point Ray. I also want to point out that many times, we can already find plenty of options out in forums, or through google. With the reefing scene getting more advanced, there will be many more options for us to choose from. Sometimes asking which option should I choose, or which product is better simply isn't as clear cut as in the past.

My earnest advice is to do the research, weigh the pros and cons against your needs and make the decision.

Btw, chickens can fly too. We have many air flown chickens sitting in NTUC and Cold Storage. :yahoo:

I admire your humour Comycus! :welldone:

However, the reason why we have a "New to the Marine" sub-forum is to assist newbies in their questions no matter how silly or elementary they were.

Having this topic in this sub-forum may not be seen as being "Welcoming" to newer members to this hobby. Although I do not know Comycus that well but from his posts most of us knows that he have been very helpful and patience with newbies.

Thus, I would like to move this topic to Kopi Tiam so as not to cause any unnecessary misunderstanding towards SRC or Comycus.

Please feel free to PM me or Admin - Harlequin Mania if you feel otherwise.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

I admire your humour Comycus! :welldone:

However, the reason why we have a "New to the Marine" sub-forum is to assist newbies in their questions no matter how silly or elementary they were.

Having this topic in this sub-forum may not be seen as being "Welcoming" to newer members to this hobby. Although I do not know Comycus that well but from his posts most of us knows that he have been very helpful and patience with newbies.

Thus, I would like to move this topic to Kopi Tiam so as not to cause any unnecessary misunderstanding towards SRC or Comycus.

Please feel free to PM me or Admin - Harlequin Mania if you feel otherwise.

Thx Gouldian! Agree that it isn't v. welcoming to put it in "New to the Marine". No problems with it in Kopi Tiam!

• SRC Member

Welcoming or not, I believe it's up to the newbie to do research 1st even before starting the hobby. Seeing threads of problems with their impatient-ness and refusal to listen or co-operate really puts me off sticking my head in the newbie section. Don't want to do the research, go into the hobby with blindfold and when problem occurs, join the forum. Sometimes when I surf around, I encounter similar threads on different forum. The worst part is they tried to skim funds on their set up, believing that they could achieve success than what others had done but usually they always crash. 'You got to pay to play' is the motto of this hobby.