WTB 2 feet PL lights

darren

• SRC Member

They do in fact come in double 36W configuration. I got mine at Nature, the atman brand. But recently they have the new double 55W ones. You might want to consider getting that from there, it is not too expensive.

• SRC Member

They selling at $120. Brand is called matrix, using dymax 2 x 10000k bulb. Also using electronic blast. Has a cool black casing and also a stand that can swivel for maintanence of the tank...

Sound like an ad... :D

• SRC Member
They selling at $120. Brand is called matrix, using dymax 2 x 10000k bulb. Also using electronic blast. Has a cool black casing and also a stand that can swivel for maintanence of the tank...

Sound like an ad... :D

any1 using this? can pls state the pro and con of this?? does it gif off alots of heat?? :thanks:

• SRC Member

I am using it. PL generally can produce quite an amount of heat, but I am using a fan on the lights. It is pretty light for a 2x 55W PL. I have gotten another brand (can't remember) from a forumer 2nd hand and it is pretty heavy.

• SRC Member

The length of the casing is around 2 feet. Just nice over the 2 feet tank. Sorry no pic as I do not own a DC. The pics I normally post are taken with my colleagues DC on the tanks in the office.

You can drop by Nature to take a look. It is pretty convenient and you can always make your way down to SL, OP after that... all around the same area. It will make your trip more worth it if you live too far and decided not to buy the lights.

The 2x 36 PL lights are slightly less than $100. There is also the magnetic ballast ones that are around 20% cheaper.

• SRC Member

I was thinking of using the 2 ft 2x36W for my 1.5 feet too. But finally I still think that it will look a little odd. So I took my 1.5 lighting case and send it for modification to 2 x 36W PL too. :D

Now I am boiling my 1.5 tank with it. My clam seems to like it as it has stuck itself to the LR and open big big.