Pink Anemone

borinz

• SRC Member

Hi all,

Recently i just got a pink anemone, but it keeps moving n does not stick on any rocks or even glass.

Can anyone help to ID it and any ideas how to prevent it from moving around?

I have been searching online for information but i just can't find any on this particular one.

Any guru here can help?

:thanks:

post-2540-087514000 1282810310_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • SRC Member

Not sure of its species but im pretty sure you cant prevent it from moving around...they will settle when they feel like it. Usually it attaches itself to a good lighting position and depending on the anemone, good flow. It depends on the animal otself really. But please dont put it under direct flow, the feedback might tear its skin.

Not sure of its species but im pretty sure you cant prevent it from moving around...they will settle when they feel like it. Usually it attaches itself to a good lighting position and depending on the anemone, good flow. It depends on the animal otself really. But please dont put it under direct flow, the feedback might tear its skin.
There's really no way to stop them from moving. Reason they move is to get comfortable with the lighting/flow. Alternative is to put it in a floating basket, or get those species which doesn't move around.

pink anemo need strong cur n bright lgt (best 250w mh) n clean water they keep movin around if water condi doest sue them i got a hug pink anemo (it reach to 11" wh it under my 250w mh it hd been keepin 4 over a yrs not even a single move...

• SRC Member
under 250w MH huge pink anemone hd been keeping over a year..
Never spawn? I ever saw a bubble tip spawn into 2 between a period of 6 mths.

Never spawn? I ever saw a bubble tip spawn into 2 between a period of 6 mths.

yes it spawn 2 times in a yr i didnt feed it often cause lighting is ther main fd it grow bigger n happy each day...

• 1 month later...

Nice very pinkish almost like dyed pink.

This is one of the first question i ask the LFS uncle. Seem the LFS uncle who seem honest dont know himself .

If it's dyed we should expect to see luminous green,red, blue,purple,yellow,orange soon if not long ago. This is seriously beautiful ! Why stop at pink ? I dont think pure white or light brown anemone with pink luminous dye can made this up. It needs to be transparent anemone like jellyfish color to start.

It it's dyed the colour should fate away, I give it 6 month. Hope the anemone lives to prove it's chastity.

Tank and sea environment is ultimately not same causing bleaching. We can only try to buy the coldest chiller, best disco lights and tons of supplements to make them happy.

... pic of same pink anemone found on the internet

post-23106-0-79293200-1382610259.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...