30/08/2010 - 05/09/2010

• SRC Member

New Week New Thread,

GO still has plenty of SPS, amongest them are a good number of sky blue millie. Quite good size as well.

Any other bros got any other shipment updates?

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Senior Reefer

You mean today?

not today.

Missed out previous few shipment of these.. Anyone saw, looking for small ones.. 2 inch..

Chaetodon_Argentatus__Asian_Butterfly_.jpg

argentatus no stock now. must wait for philippine shipment @ reborn or iwarna. not all the time. sporadic.

Hi all bros,

besides LCK & ML have peppermint shrimps, does anyone knows whether any LFS in the east side sells them?

any1 knows how many red notes ML selling them for?

thks alot in advance!

east side no peppermint shrimps.

• SRC Member

Anyone know which LFS currently got sell small size copperband butterflyfish? Please advise. Thanks. Roughly whats the price like??

Saw alot at CF, price less than 1 green note

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

Hi all bros,

besides LCK & ML have peppermint shrimps, does anyone knows whether any LFS in the east side sells them?

any1 knows how many red notes ML selling them for?

thks alot in advance!

ML selling them for 1.6 red notes each.

Anyone know which LFS currently got sell small size copperband butterflyfish? Please advise. Thanks. Roughly whats the price like??

I saw some at Irwarna as well. Going rate should be about 1 green note.

" ... and the sea cucumber turns to the mollusk and says, 'With fronds like these, who needs anemones?' " -Marlin the Clownfish-

• SRC Member

hawaii shipment at iwarna soon.

interesting fishes this time round :)

interesting :idea: any sneak preview? so bros here can prepare the dough for weenkend's damage. haha.

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• Senior Reefer

interesting :idea: any sneak preview? so bros here can prepare the dough for weenkend's damage. haha.

maybe only. 6 pieces. hopefully we get to see them.

Pseudanthias ventralis (hawaiiensis). the hawaiien endemic ventralis anthias that is very rare but also extremely difficult.

also maybe bandits, rhomboids, black tang, etc... will have to wait and see Iwarna's post on the forum if these fishes will be confirmed arriving.

post-15755-078084100 1283250412_thumb.jp

post-15755-047503800 1283250418_thumb.jp

Thks bro. Peppermint shrimps at ML all sold! Siao liao :(

Try LCK. They have plenty. 1 red and green note each.

You're trying to contain an Aipstasia outbreak I'm guessing? If you are, getting Peppermint Shrimps is not a guaranteed solution as they may or may not feed on the Aipstasias in your tank. I bought a pair and they didn't do s-hit for me.

Decided to use Joe's Juice in the end. Worked like a charm heheh 

I'd recommend The Juice instead of Peppermint Shrimps. 1.2 red notes v 1.5 red notes (which may or may not give you returns on your investment), I'd go for the former.

" ... and the sea cucumber turns to the mollusk and says, 'With fronds like these, who needs anemones?' " -Marlin the Clownfish-

Try LCK. They have plenty. 1 red and green note each.

You're trying to contain an Aipstasia outbreak I'm guessing? If you are, getting Peppermint Shrimps is not a guaranteed solution as they may or may not feed on the Aipstasias in your tank. I bought a pair and they didn't do s-hit for me.

Decided to use Joe's Juice in the end. Worked like a charm heheh 

I'd recommend The Juice instead of Peppermint Shrimps. 1.2 red notes v 1.5 red notes (which may or may not give you returns on your investment), I'd go for the former.

Thanks alot Samsies for the invaluable advice.

However, my tank seems to be infested with lots of Aips, almost everywhere! And I'm afraid I may not be able to reach certain corners in my tank. But I will still take your advice and get the joe juice.

Besides getting just a pair of the peppermint shrimps, is it good to get more than that? say 5 or 6 of them? Pls advice.

Thank you again.

Thanks alot Samsies for the invaluable advice.

However, my tank seems to be infested with lots of Aips, almost everywhere! And I'm afraid I may not be able to reach certain corners in my tank. But I will still take your advice and get the joe juice.

Besides getting just a pair of the peppermint shrimps, is it good to get more than that? say 5 or 6 of them? Pls advice.

Thank you again.

Mods kindly pardon me for the sidetracking.

You don't need a lot of Juice for each Aip, just sufficient to cover the disc, as if you're target feeding it. A bottle should be able to last you for about 200 Aips or so. Use straw, sea squirt, syringe (which is provided with the Juice) etc to each the Aips, sure can one!

It's the same logic - getting 5 or 6 of the Peppers may not guarantee that any one of them will feed on the Aips. Same logic for the Copperband Butterflies. Like I said, I bought a pair of Peppers and they didn't do anything to the Aips in my tank. It was the same for my friend, who bought a pair as well.

You can still try if you insist - it's really a case of heng sway with the peppers or copperbands.