Zoas

Thumper1701

• SRC Member

Some zoas like high flow high light,some zoas grow alot in mid flow mid light, need to observe the zoas but mostly can start with flow and mid light.

As mentioned by kaganesti bro, if the zoas are becoming thiner and longer, it shows that it needs more light.

Also, main key thing to make zoas "bui bui" fat / grow fast is to feed them with coral food, HTH :friends:

Some zoas like high flow high light,some zoas grow alot in mid flow mid light, need to observe the zoas but mostly can start with flow and mid light.

As mentioned by kaganesti bro, if the zoas are becoming thiner and longer, it shows that it needs more light.

Also, main key thing to make zoas "bui bui" fat / grow fast is to feed them with coral food, HTH :friends:

+1

Zoas are also photosynthetic animals ( through their symbiotic algy that host within them ), best form of feeding is by means of natural way e.g. a mature sum or a sanctuary place where little creatures such as pods thrive.

However, even without physical food, zoas can grow and spread fast - sufficient lighting would then become an important factor.

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

I'm new too to marine keeping. Regarding zoas....what makes it to close and lose its colour over time in my tank?

There are many reason as in why it closes... Maybe you can provide more information about your tank before we can know what happened to your zoas...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

It is very difficult to tell if we dun know what condition it is in... Shrink and melt might be temperature from what i experienced last time when i am not using chiller..

Most zoas are quite hardy, those more sensative one are those smaller polyps and with bright colors..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

It is very difficult to tell if we dun know what condition it is in... Shrink and melt might be temperature from what i experienced last time when i am not using chiller..

Most zoas are quite hardy, those more sensative one are those smaller polyps and with bright colors..

just like mine zoa dun open-up for few day liao. :cry2: if never happen b4 since i keep zoa until now..why. :(

Yeah, Nudis are quite a nusiance...they will make your hand wet... (Sticking down into the water to remove the colony that infest with nudis...)

However, do not touch your corals all the time. Fix them to a place with good flow/lights/height, then observe how they grow and propogate!!

I went reservist for 2+1/2 weeks. Came back office, saw a great deal of difference...

most of my zoas propogated!

• 2 months later...

Nice zoas. =)

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• SRC Member

Getting wild. Should trim it for CNY

u should trim the one purple with green rims on the left side should be able to earn u some ang bao $$

hahah

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

These purple deaths should also go.. I will keep the exotic red wine (1 oclock ).:thumbsup:

cheers

No should keep only those at 7 o clock and 3 o clock.... they are the real gems ...

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• 4 weeks later...