It's a 1am TANK THREAD! :D

MarcoVan

WILSON! my tank is okay lah. not as inspiring as yours! You got 2! Already win mine liao! :D

Anyway my tank is 3 by 1.5 by 1.5. It's a 2nd hand tank bought from bro. Reefzzz. hahaha I wonder if he still remembers lol (: and yeah, it's a 250W MH on Reeflux bulb (:

hahaha, gemless lah. it's a relative observation based on yours and the rest of the big bros' tanks here in SRC! hehe (:

Yoyo. Now it's time to do some Macro shots. Can tell all the corals are in great form! Cannot compare lah, my 2nd tank is to satisfy my obsessive shopping disorder.

But I must admit your first top down shot made the tank look wider than 1.5'. Amazing!

I'm very impressed with that minimal sump and h/w setup! Must learn more from you..

Btw whats your photoperiod and do u supplement the 250w with T5? I just upgraded my lights to same as yours (14kk). Supplemented with 4xT5.

And what's the chiller size? 1/3hp?

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Yoyo. Now it's time to do some Macro shots. Can tell all the corals are in great form! Cannot compare lah, my 2nd tank is to satisfy my obsessive shopping disorder.

But I must admit your first top down shot made the tank look wider than 1.5'. Amazing!

I'm very impressed with that minimal sump and h/w setup! Must learn more from you..

Btw whats your photoperiod and do u supplement the 250w with T5? I just upgraded my lights to same as yours (14kk). Supplemented with 4xT5.

And what's the chiller size? 1/3hp?

hahaha tak boleh bro. I dont have a dslr to do macro leh. will be investing in one someday. haha (:

and really? first top down made the tank look wider? hahaha i didnt realise leh :)

well, nothing to be impressed bro. Alot of people in US are already doing it. I just merely copied their ideas. haha (: anyway photoperiod of my tank is 7 hrs with only MH. I never supplement with T5 due to the inadequacy of space at the top of the tank and lack of materials to make a bigger rack for the lights :(

Chiller is 1/3 Daeil. OEM for Artica. Chills my tank from 26.4 to 25.0 in 10mins flat! lol :)

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Hi macrovan, any close up picture of your yellowish orange skirting zoa on the center floor of your tank. Look very nice. :thumbsup:

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

:bow:

hahaha, fast sia you! I didnt realise the pics are out until I surfed SRC on my iphone while returning home from school lol

Thanks for posting bro! and how's the reef octopus skimmer doing?

wao, GOOD STUFF ah bro! eye a few pieces lao.. :eyebrow:

scaping also very shiok ar.. :friends:

hahahaha thanks bro! I also eyed some of yours too liao! hehe :D

Scaping, okay lah, so-so. Not as fantastic as yours leh

zomg Siangz.. your rics... and to think I bought like 60 or so last time and all melted within 3 months.. :( WHAT IS YOUR SECRET! :P

No secret sister desi to keep rics. Just plenty of light and good flow. Let them stablise and they will flourish.

Anyway most of my rics are grown from single mouth. Now most of them have 2-3 mouths and had subsequently split.

60 rics?! :shock:

i think thats macrovan's tank not ahsiang

Thanks bro.

Hi macrovan, any close up picture of your yellowish orange skirting zoa on the center floor of your tank. Look very nice. :thumbsup:

ehh bro, which one are you referring to? If you referring to the orange mat in front of the tank, that's bambam orange. It's gotten from bro. Reefzzz. Grown from 3-4 polyps to current state.

Anyway, I also have mandarin orange zoa which is also another yellow orange zoa growing behind of some zoas. this one needs some professional camera to capture which I currently don't possess

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

the truth is out!

Anyway this is for Jack. The goblin fire zoa which I threw away in the dustbin didn't die when I returned to office the next morning. I put back to tank and it survived. Currently, doing well. Thanks Jack for the wonderful frag. Shows how well your frags are doing in your tank.

THANKS AGAIN! :ThanxSmiley::groupwavereversed:

and I believe I owe you my sincerest apology! SORRY BRO for causing some trouble that night. Peace :friends:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

60 rics?! :shock:

i think thats macrovan's tank not ahsiang

sadly... yes I did buy 60 rics and plasted it over all my tank.. I guess it was a mixture of hubris which led to their demise.. haiz....oh well next time i'd do better.... hopefully.

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

Nice tank Marco !

Can tell from the SPS PE are great and zoas are all puipui :welldone:

hahaha thanks for the kind words Dr Ang! You are an inspiration to us all with your colourful sticks! :D

sadly... yes I did buy 60 rics and plasted it over all my tank.. I guess it was a mixture of hubris which led to their demise.. haiz....oh well next time i'd do better.... hopefully.

alamak siang I thought yours.. Macrovan... your tank looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!

hahaha thanks sister! no worries, your tank will be even more beautiful than mine in due time! :)

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Hmmm I think I am refering to Bam Bam zoa. Nice colony of zoa, all pui pui and healthy. :thumbsup:

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

skimming olredi after first day....got a 2000l pump to ramp it up...hur hur...

i like your tank design...coz it does not require drilling on the cabinet itself...something for me to think about

hahaha, thats good to know. but 2000l pump, wow that's fierce! lol :)

oh hahaha, yeah, open concept lo. Easy to maintain; efficient for the chiller.

but not good cause alot of dust like human hair etc very easy to get into the system. :thumbdown:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Hmmm I think I am refering to Bam Bam zoa. Nice colony of zoa, all pui pui and healthy. :thumbsup:

hahaha thanks bro! it's a good colony that grows on the sandbed on my small little coral chips. Very easy for fragging or transfer next time I feel. hehe :)

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

zomg Siangz.. your rics... and to think I bought like 60 or so last time and all melted within 3 months.. :( WHAT IS YOUR SECRET! :P

60 rics = 1500 - 2000 bucks down the drain... must have been quite traumatic.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

60 rics = 1500 - 2000 bucks down the drain... must have been quite traumatic.

yeahh, very heartpain one. I lost $100 worth of rics on my first try already can cry.

lose $2k worth of rics, I think I will emo for a month! :X

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.