Distilled Water With Delivery

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I don't think their problems will be resolve in the near future. :agreed:

I always request to have my delivery to be done on weekdays ( should consider non peak ) morning b4 noon when i order & do call b4 delivery & their reply was always no promise no promise :argue: . Day of delivery after 12pm still no sign of them & if u kena the china man delivery guy :evil: lagi best ....he will just drop n go ....... :( without calling b4 hand or collecting back the empty bottles .

Main tank: 48 x 24 x 22

Skimmer: BM

Return pump: Eheim 1264

Wavemaker: Tunze 6065, 6085 & Hydor Koralia 5

Lighting: Beamworks Led

Enductor Fluidized Reactor FR30 : NP Pellets

TLF PhosBan Reactor

Hei,

Just out of curiosity. If you ever cancel the contract.

Do share about your refund experience.

Very keen to know if they still a sucker :)

It is coming to a year now and I had not received my refund check ;)

I have yet to cancel, cuz the sales person seems quite a nice guy to come by yesterday evening to ask for another chance. He volunteered to personally collect empty bottles and cash. As for the new bottles, still have to depend on Polar's delivery guy.

Personally, i think this incident not only is bad press for Arees but Polar as well. :angry:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I just checked with Arees and they insisted that I must take at least 3 bottles every month (at least 4 initially) and must sign a one-year contract that cannot be terminated prematurely.

Decided to call up another distilled water company and it's offering the same price as Arees for their 5 gallon, but WITHOUT the need to sign any contract and no need to order every month. I can just order anytime when i need. I think it is a much better deal no matter how you compare with Arees. But as i've just ordered with them, I must qualify here that I cannot comment on their delivery service yet. Only sending to my place this Saturday.

Those keen to explore alternative can always call Wilson at 9068 0835, or wilson@pereocean.com to discuss. He's the salesperson from Pere Ocean, friendly guy.

• SRC Supporter

i had the worst experiece with arees.

reefers who know me know that i have been using distill water for afew years already and act ive been with arees for approx 2yrs. or even more. some of u may have already heard this story from me months back.

when i wanted to stop and swoop for another co. like what others mentioned. they took close to 6mths.

then i foound out that my deposit wasnt fully refund($50). when i called them. they put me to this guy name BELVERN.

this guy appearantly was incharge of deposit and such. upon talking to him. he claimed that i have a bottle missing therefore he deducted some sort of $15 if i rem correctly.

i argued that i have always returned fully. infact it was their guy who collected from my plc everytime i ordered new bottles.

i asked him for proof and he show me a deliver order with no signature no nothing.

everytime when their guys do delivery, someone had to sign for my case.. and either my maid or my mum was the 1 signing it.

when i saw that, i asked for the copy with signature and he said he cant find.

after that i go on argueing that the missing bottle isnt from my side. and it is his issue on that. he cant just put the blame on me.

belvern claims that their guys are outsourced and he have to go and check with them.

when i agreed and allow him to check, he said that the outsourced co. is base in jurong island and i remember what he said clearly word for word..."IT ISNT SO NICE TO CHECK ON THEM."

then i stood for awhile and asked him, what are you talking about? I am your customer and i felt unfair for things that i have not done. then when i ask for proof you told me you cant because u need to travel so far and it isnt nice to check you guys?

then he started to raise his voice saying that i shouted at him.(maybe i did) but i couldnt believe what i heard from him.

when i insist the check to be done. he verbally agreed and after a week. did not get back to me.

then i called him again and again.. finally i got hold of him.

guess what he said when i ask him about the case.. he say, i still need to charge you. bcos the bottle is missing. when asked about the proof.. he just ignored and continue.. "if you are unhappy with this, you can go to small claim to report."

after what happened, i emailed arees sales about this.

as expected.. no 1 replied. nothing happened and my deposit was partly gone like that.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Supporter

a friend intro me this and i was using them before i stop reefing.

guy name patrick tan.

very friendly guy as well. bottle is cheap. i think abt 3+ or4+ per bottle. tell them u are using for hobby and he will ask if u need the water in clean bottle or those recycled ones.

:)

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member

guy name patrick tan.

very friendly guy as well. bottle is cheap. i think abt 3+ or4+ per bottle. tell them u are using for hobby and he will ask if u need the water in clean bottle or those recycled ones.

thanks dude for the recommendation!

i'm looking around for a supplier for distilled water..

almost signed up with Arees..

i'm actually fine with the price,

i just dont like the 1year contract that they tie you down with...

should be calling him tomorrow to arrange..

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• SRC Member

thanks dude for the recommendation!

i'm looking around for a supplier for distilled water..

almost signed up with Arees..

i'm actually fine with the price,

i just dont like the 1year contract that they tie you down with...

should be calling him tomorrow to arrange..

[/]

Lucky you have not signed the contract with Arees. I'm not quite comfortable with the way Arees salesman pushing his sales to me, and forcing me to sign the contract. Glad I checked for alternative such as pere ocean.

• Like 1

have previously used dem for quite long, bt have stopped using them for quite some time after switching to nsw, guess their service level has dropped beyond acceptable level...

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

• Moderators

guy name patrick tan.

Boss, is 6 bucks per bottle liao. You had indeed not reef for awhile... LOL

Been using them since u intro me some time back. Very friendly guy but do be patient with him as he is one man operate, sometime with his wife help.

Lucky you too, at least you got some deposit back.. mine down the longkang..

Imagine, there are 100 reefers who didn't get back their deposit. They are 5K richer!!!

Tom

• SRC Supporter

wah increase price so much alr ah?

you get the new bottle or recycled one?

you mean u have not get ur deposit? wth man, should gather those reefers and make some noise.!

btw bro.. i decom 1 year liao leh.. LOL! time flies!

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• Moderators

usually the bottles are quite new or clean.

think the price is reasonable if we compare with the other suppliers.

Remember the cost of living had went up so much, e.g. petrol/diesel prices had gone up a lot in the past 2 years.

Ya.. time to start a new tank downunder ;)

Tom

• SRC Supporter

i would love too.. but cost of living in az also went up esp petrol.

govt budget just annouced yesterday that the az govt overspent way too much.. dunno what they gonna do to us very soon.

petrol is the worst.. gonna hit $2aud per litre, the freshwater here is damn costly... hopefully can just use tapwater.. will go find out haha!

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member

Yah, price indeed went up when I called Patrick. It's $7 and need to take 5 bottles.

So i took from Pere Ocean (Wilson), same price but can take 3 bottles without contract and no need monthly order. The bottles arrived today, quite happy so far, bottle stated they received Singapore superbrand award wor. 

So with regard to Arees, I strongly advised reefers to consider other suppliers.

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Closure with arees water.Like to thank the kind reefer :bow: who pm me the recommendation & advice .

For those who still yet to get your refund of deposit back might want to contact Joyce ( Marketing Exec ) she might able to help with the refund .

New beginning with Patrick :thumbsup: great service = service provider which exercise flexibility in delivery timing ( 1 day advance notice )

= good pricing = minimum of 4 bottles per order @ $6 each .

TLF PhosBan Reactor

Hi, can I ask

1. how many litres is it per bottle?

2. are the bottles easy to handle? ie bottle cap? ie can keep and use as and when I like?

Thanks!

So i took from Pere Ocean (Wilson), same price but can take 3 bottles without contract and no need monthly order. The bottles arrived today, quite happy so far, bottle stated they received Singapore superbrand award wor. 

So with regard to Arees, I strongly advised reefers to consider other suppliers.

• SRC Member

Bro,I just check with him.19litres a bottles.cheers.as for bottles,yet to be confirm until he arrived at my place nxt week.

-Main Display Tank : 2ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft c/w sump tank cabinet (Set up by aquarium artist)

-Lightings : 4 sets of 1.5ft mini aqua lumen LED lights (7 high power led 15W)

-Chiller: 1/4HP artica chiller with a standby of HC-100A

-Skimmer : Bubble Magnus 3 (cone)

-Phosphate Reactor

-NP Bio-pellet D&D onceanic hang-on reactor

-Wavemaker : MP10

-Temperature mointor : American Wireless pinpoint thermometer

• SRC Member

Hi, can I ask

1. how many litres is it per bottle?

2. are the bottles easy to handle? ie bottle cap? ie can keep and use as and when I like?

Thanks!

It's those 5 gallon type, usually blue in color, commonly seen in polyclinics and offices. Just that you do not need the dispenser stand. There's no handle per se as i just carry the whole bottle to top up my tank. You can keep it for later use, just a tap or cup or any object to cover the opening will do.

• SRC Member

Closure with arees water.Like to thank the kind reefer :bow: who pm me the recommendation & advice .

For those who still yet to get your refund of deposit back might want to contact Joyce ( Marketing Exec ) she might able to help with the refund .

New beginning with Patrick :thumbsup: great service = service provider which exercise flexibility in delivery timing ( 1 day advance notice )

= good pricing = minimum of 4 bottles per order @ $6 each .

Don't know why Patrick quoted me $7 each and minimum 5 bottles. Double pricing!

I just got my second replacement of 3 bottles from Pere Ocean on Saturday. Am happy with their service and gonna stick to them since they do delivery on weekends too and i can just take 3 bottles.

• SRC Member

Don't know why Patrick quoted me $7 each and minimum 5 bottles. Double pricing!

I just got my second replacement of 3 bottles from Pere Ocean on Saturday. Am happy with their service and gonna stick to them since they do delivery on weekends too and i can just take 3 bottles.

Think there might be some misunderstanding , 7 bucks might be those with dispenser . Anyway Pere Ocean quoted me $7.50 . :cheers:

TLF PhosBan Reactor

• SRC Supporter

I think patrick have 2 versions of water as i know long ago,

Either the cleaner bottle 1 which is more ex or the recycled bottle which is the cheaper 1.

Maybe you guys can clarify with him if it is still like this

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed