PICO IQ5 Tank in Office

desideria

• SRC Member

GOt a scare in the beginning of the week, I came into office on Monday and my lighting had blown! :( and had caused the circuit for my desk to be blown too.. thank god not the whole office otherwise i'd be in deep water.. :P The tank was still for god knows how long, I assume only from sunday or it could have been saturday.. heaven knows. quite strange as the whole of last week my tank was on timer and no issues but it Had to blow over the weekend? The office security peeps mentioned it could be the adaptor I was using but then again.. who knows.. :P I went to buy new adaptors anyway...

Dr Evil replaced the bulb on MOnday itself and everything is as good as new. Keeping fingers crossed. Added in the sunkist and purple fission rock from my main tank as the Taihitian Butterfly was constantly whacking it.... :( And the candy apple zoos as well... the sunkist and purple fission are opening nicely in the pico but the Candy apple is not.. hopefully it can recover from the nippings of the butterfly in the relatively safety of my little office pico.

Here's an FTS as of today

post-12571-0-14115000-1299652597_thumb.j

post-12571-0-27386800-1299652616_thumb.j

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

If you have a tank in the office, its better to have a circuit breaker from your supply point. Becuase its water, anything can happen. Then, if anything should happen ( hopefully not ), power supply to the office would not be affected. Can sleep well too.

cheers

• SRC Member

whoa, good your tank is still ok, and nothing happened to your office :pirate:

that's the reason why we're not allowed here in my office to have a tank (can, but not plugged ...)

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member

well luckily they have individual circuits for every desk... so since it was my desk stuff then only me is affected and no one else... :P Hengz. LOL

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Supporter

well luckily they have individual circuits for every desk... so since it was my desk stuff then only me is affected and no one else... :P Hengz. LOL

Lucky u.... :)

I had shifted my IQ3 back home since I changed my job and the new place do not allow fish tanks... haha.. now my IQ3 become treatment tank for my zoas with aiptasia... having aipt outbreak for my main tank until I want to give up n reset everything... sigh.

• SRC Member

aiptipsia? Taihitian Butterfly for the win.... the little fella has really CLEARED my entire main tank of aiptipsia.. even the kick ###### ones in hard to reach places are no longer alive!! or at least I cannot see them anymore...... but now.. it's nipping at my zoos and my one and only Prata...... LOL that's why the sunkist is in my pico.... well it was a risk I took when I bought it to control the aptipsia population... :P

I was hoping my constant feeding of pellets and the occasional treat of mysis would deter it from zoo nipping.. :P but oh well... can't have it all!

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

very fortunate indeed....coz if that cause your company server to be down...ho say liao...

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Supporter

aiptipsia? Taihitian Butterfly for the win.... the little fella has really CLEARED my entire main tank of aiptipsia.. even the kick ###### ones in hard to reach places are no longer alive!! or at least I cannot see them anymore...... but now.. it's nipping at my zoos and my one and only Prata...... LOL that's why the sunkist is in my pico.... well it was a risk I took when I bought it to control the aptipsia population... :P

I was hoping my constant feeding of pellets and the occasional treat of mysis would deter it from zoo nipping.. :P but oh well... can't have it all!

U want to let go of your Tahitian Butterfly to me? Like that you no need to worry about it nipping on your LPS and zoas... :) I now trying seagrass file fish, also known to be aip busters, but so far not showing any interest in my aip, mayb my aip are too huge for it's liking...!!!

• SRC Member

Well, I caused my department circuitry to trip once when I was doing tank maintenance. Accidentally spilled some water onto my extension cord. Thankfully, I was the only one left (after office hours), so I had it rectified without anyone really noticing. :ph34r:

• SRC Member

hahaha peacemaker, I was one of the few early birds in the office on monday and most people weren't in yet ... LOL the fishtank maketh me be early to work! LOL

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

hahaha peacemaker, I was one of the few early birds in the office on monday and most people weren't in yet ... LOL the fishtank maketh me be early to work! LOL

u beta not tell that to your bosses...if not, everyone in your office will have an IQ tank.

how's yr strawberry cauli doing? i din c it when i came to your place the last time?

after botak chief got one from iwarna...my hands became so itchy...now i have 2 big caulis

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

ahsiang, she goes work early to do rescape/water change nia!

The cauliflower is doing fine, it's in one of shaded area behind the elegance so you probably dont see it. Also, it's usually smaller during the day and extend during the night.

• SRC Member

Well, I stay up late in the office back in the days when I struggled with algae problems (remove every single coral to pluck algae and put them back), sometimes till 12 midnight, and some folks thought that I was very hardworking. :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

I've realized that it's quite important to keep out office tank a little discrete. Not everyone views our little hobbies positively in a working environment. Once in a blue moon, we received email to tidy up our desks cause top management may be visiting our office. :rolleyes: I heard of how the top mgmt nicely commented on one of our colleague's tank. A few days later, immediate boss advised colleague to have the tank decomission. So I ask, "What's going on here?!!" :o

On subsequent such visits, I always turn off my tank lights. Best cover the whole thing with newspaper. :fear:

• SRC Member

lol cover with newspaper? LOL no longer neat. hahahaah it will be a mountain of newspaper like that!! :)

well.. they always preach about improving working environment.. so it does.. people come and see the shimmering LED and feel more relaxed.. hahah all I am lacking is aromatherapy and soft music .... :P

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

lol cover with newspaper? LOL no longer neat. hahahaah it will be a mountain of newspaper like that!! :)

well.. they always preach about improving working environment.. so it does.. people come and see the shimmering LED and feel more relaxed.. hahah all I am lacking is aromatherapy and soft music .... :P

Add in a OSIM massage chair... Haha

A Little Stress-Relieving Fish Tank

• SRC Member

I think it's managerial mentality. They don't like to see employee that's too relax. They probably worry the next guy will start bringing his bird cage to work, then dogs, cats, guinea pigs, chameleons,....etc. :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

usually ang moh companies no problem with that...but i used to work in a local creative firm once, and the editor brings her dog to the office...end of the day, it depends on the big bosses on top...my current office allows me to have a tank...but i find it very troublesome if one day i want to pack up and go....haha

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Supporter

usually ang moh companies no problem with that...but i used to work in a local creative firm once, and the editor brings her dog to the office...end of the day, it depends on the big bosses on top...my current office allows me to have a tank...but i find it very troublesome if one day i want to pack up and go....haha

:) yes and I did tat not long ago.... luckily its only an IQ3...

• SRC Member

Here is a top down view of the tank to end the week... :P Week 8 endeth! :)

The sides look dark but actually it ain't. THe big blob on the bottom left hand side is actually green mushy. haha

post-12571-0-22526800-1299823391_thumb.j

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

Here is a top down view of the tank to end the week... :P Week 8 endeth! :)

The sides look dark but actually it ain't. THe big blob on the bottom left hand side is actually green mushy. haha

post-12571-0-22526800-1299823391_thumb.j

think u have to upgrade...its getting crowded

l7304smr.jpg