PICO IQ5 Tank in Office

desideria

• SRC Member

Hey all,

it's been a darn long time since I updated the thread so before I decom the tank next month due to office move, here's some shots..

The only fish in there is my purple firefish which has become quite chicken.. everytime I move near it cheongs in and hides beneath the big rock. :P

I have also a request to see the LEd lighting stand.. so here's some pics of it

post-12571-0-45351700-1313721904_thumb.j post-12571-0-57977800-1313721918_thumb.j

Here's the tank under blue led ( good old post its for the win to cover the white bulbs!! hee hee)

post-12571-0-32245800-1313721907_thumb.j post-12571-0-00230500-1313721913_thumb.j

Here's the tank with both blue and white led

post-12571-0-26484100-1313721910_thumb.j post-12571-0-79698500-1313721915_thumb.j

• Like 1

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

I really can't think of anything, it's easier for me because I can take water from my larger setup which I know the parameters are very stable to do WC as well as using the same filter media that I already have on hand. Another point to note is that because it's so small, I keep my bioload very low ( 1 fish only , max 2 fishes). No clownfish, no tangs.. just a firefish for me.

The only thing I would not have bought is the cover as I ended up using eggcrate to cover the top as initially I thought my firefish would jump but then now I realise I don't even NEED the eggcrate!

This is actually not the end of my IQ5, my colleagues have requested for me to reset it up once we complete the move to our other office in October, so I told them see first, see how BIG is the table and whether I have enough space to put up my tank if not , I will set it up back home to put.. little things. :)

I will most likely change the scape a little with a different rock.. ;)

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

@ Qiangz, the Powder Brown is doing well in the main tank... have become friends with the YT already within 2 days. But there is still the occasional flaring. Helfrichi in office? I must be nutz .. LOL

@ nic.. many small led lights in the market now, go to the LFS like Madpetz, IRwarna, Petmart @ Serangoon and they will have many clip on LEDs for you to choose from. Up to you whether you want to spend the moola to get PAR38 LED which I got from DE lightings Dr Evil. :P

@amby.. the rics are doing well in my little IQ5 .. I lost 2 though in my main tank.. 1 melted, the other disappeared... so i'm down to 10 rics in total from the original 12. 2 pieces also have split so... guess SOMETHING is going right. HAHAHAH

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

I really can't think of anything, it's easier for me because I can take water from my larger setup which I know the parameters are very stable to do WC as well as using the same filter media that I already have on hand. Another point to note is that because it's so small, I keep my bioload very low ( 1 fish only , max 2 fishes). No clownfish, no tangs.. just a firefish for me.

The only thing I would not have bought is the cover as I ended up using eggcrate to cover the top as initially I thought my firefish would jump but then now I realise I don't even NEED the eggcrate!

This is actually not the end of my IQ5, my colleagues have requested for me to reset it up once we complete the move to our other office in October, so I told them see first, see how BIG is the table and whether I have enough space to put up my tank if not , I will set it up back home to put.. little things. :)

I will most likely change the scape a little with a different rock.. ;)

Actually dont need to decom mah. Since the tank is small, just carry the whole thing over lah :-) Thought that is the advantage of having a nano or pico tank. Portability. Yah?

Btw, love your tank. Has been following your thread. In the process of converting my IQ3 [chucked in the storeroom for one year] to a marine in my office too.

• SRC Member

hah how to just bring over.. everything will topple over man. Have to remove everything and transport it over. Anyway I wish to rescape with a different rock.

good luck with converting your IQ3... I thought of getting that at first but then when I saw the IQ5 .. I was like.. I think I"d go for a bigger one... :P easier to find a rock for it! LOL

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

Ur pico tank is nice and amazing under par blue led light. :welldone:

-Main Display Tank : 2ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft c/w sump tank cabinet (Set up by aquarium artist)

-Lightings : 4 sets of 1.5ft mini aqua lumen LED lights (7 high power led 15W)

-Chiller: 1/4HP artica chiller with a standby of HC-100A

-Skimmer : Bubble Magnus 3 (cone)

-Phosphate Reactor

-NP Bio-pellet D&D onceanic hang-on reactor

-Wavemaker : MP10

-Temperature mointor : American Wireless pinpoint thermometer

• 3 months later...