Weekly LFS & Shipment Updates - 7/FEB/2011 to 13/FEB/2011

CF new philippine shipments have tons of chromis "vanderbilti"

The real scientific name is Chromis nigrura but there's not many photos online. I say vanderbilt chromis because it looks virtually identical except for the tail.

here's some pics...

and also cebu pylei fairy wrasse at CF.

How many green note?

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Senior Reefer

The green note is it for the chronis or the pylei wrasse? What's the price for the wrasse like?

for the chromis.

the pylei wrasse is not for sale yet as it's a new item in CF's cebu shipment. so they need to catalouge it in the database and set a price first. most probably out by tomorrow.

It's the cebu variant for the pylei fairy wrasse. Iwarna occasionally have and sells for about 1 red note. i'm not sure about CF. could be more expensive.

the cebu variants have a black tail border and a black spot about 2/3rd down the dorsal fin. the scrawled patterns make the fish look nice. but this fish is one of the most aggressive fairy wrasses.

post-15755-0-93894000-1297604750_thumb.j

post-15755-0-65573500-1297604792_thumb.j

for the chromis.

the pylei wrasse is not for sale yet as it's a new item in CF's cebu shipment. so they need to catalouge it in the database and set a price first. most probably out by tomorrow.

It's the cebu variant for the pylei fairy wrasse. Iwarna occasionally have and sells for about 1 red note. i'm not sure about CF. could be more expensive.

the cebu variants have a black tail border and a black spot about 2/3rd down the dorsal fin. the scrawled patterns make the fish look nice. but this fish is one of the most aggressive fairy wrasses.

Thanks Lemonlemon for the valuable info. Wah! The picture is so stunning for me especially with the affordable price. But when u said it's very aggressive I'm a bit scared already. Don't want it to fight among other cheap wrasse. Hehe.

• Senior Reefer

yes as cool guy mentioned, it's based on individual fish. but general consensus worldwide view the aggression of level for pylei wrasse to be quite high.

also the black mark is difficult to maintain. some specimens will lose the black colouration on the dorsal fin and tail.