5ft Shallow Marine Tank

PROX

• SRC Member

cant wait to c your 5 feet low profile tank.

do post pics of it to show us...

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

Some update.

6108856417_e0c56a2279.jpg

Hanna Phosphorus Checker (Ultra Low Range - ULR) model.

Result gotten on the level of Phosphorus /or Phosphate in this tank is not satisfactory. Apparently the rocks are still releasing Phosphate into the water column. I have wasted a lot of water trying to bring down the PO4 further. Though job...

Phosphorus 114ppb = Phosphate 0.35mg/L. *SIGH*

• 2 weeks later...

Hey bro, thanks for sharing your nice set-up and seems like things are going slow but steady :thumbsup:

As for the po4, don't get stress over it for now as it will be pointless to get it to zero for now. You have to give it a go and let your system run first, eventually once your tank is cycled and bio balance is achieved, only then you wanna fine tune your po4, either thru biological or chemical means.

Btw, po4 will still be present somehow and get lock up onto your rock in the course of your reefing journey, so it's a constant battle as far as enclosed system is concern.

Cheers and happy setting up :friends:

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

copperband - What is your tank dimension? Would be interesting if it works for big tank. I am still a newbie in reefing.

Cedricang - I am waiting for my LED lighting to be completed. Apparently need to have light to run Zeovit. Just got my Skimz Zeo Rx + Zeovit starter kit. Will visit you one day to get nice corals from your collection.

Onizuka - Thanks for your kind comment. I will keep this thread updated whenever I got new progress and not that lazy to post. :P

Latest update - finish converting my durso piping to herbie piping. Almost zero noise. Very minimal waterfall noise in overflow box which should be eliminated by using coarse sponge. Picture coming later.

from a shallow tank reefer to another....perhaps you might not want to point your tunze upwards... brakes the surface and makes it hader to view your gems from the top....

I went for a wavebox nano only.... SPS doing ok....

Haha from a shallow tank reefer to another and another......i am using a viewing box to view corals from top side. This way wave maker can still run...

• SRC Member

my tank is 5 x 3 x 1(H) and running on wavebox nano.... and a 2000l/h return pump sufficient for my case... and doesnt break the surface.... might add another tunze nano as time passes by.... but not an urgent requirement i see you already have a couple of streams should do well if you have a vortech/wavebox... (just lower the streams a lil bit more)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update on previous hiccup with return pump - I have managed to get Qian Hu to check and being informed that the slight humming noise on Eheim Universal 1260 and 1262 are normal. Aquabee pump is not quiet and has very bad head pressure. I ended up taking Eheim 1260 again but dampen it with 3 layers of Insulflex 10mm. To my surprise, it is almost silent now :) :) :)

New update:

Took me over 10 hours to get it fix. Sometimes being very modular is very troublesome.Here you go...

6204062570_20bb1af290.jpg

1 LED module. Robust built and modular for multiple setup combination. 1 single unit consists of 16 LEDs in 4 x 4 configuration.

3 types of lens provided - 40, 70 and 100 degree.

Optional fan for active cooling (included).

Electricity consumption is 60w and the power output is equivalent to 250W Metal Halide.

6204062534_d2d380f73d.jpg

Hanging kit. Different type of mounting kit available to suit your tank setup.

6203545749_acaeac9907.jpg

Cable cannot be hidden. This is the best I could do to make it looks neat. Clips are provided but not sufficient (2 per LED module). I am using zip tie to hold all the cable in place.

6204062500_c9f16a6452.jpg

Controller unit. This is optional and need to be purchased separately. Controller will provide more functions and able to communicate up to 16 modules via wireless connection. However, this unit need to be connected to one of the module via "Y" cable for power source.

User is still able to adjust the brightness of the LED without this controller by dimming via the LED module itself.

If anyone got question about this LED, feel free to ask and I will try my best to answer.

Update on previous hiccup with return pump - I have managed to get Qian Hu to check and being informed that the slight humming noise on Eheim Universal 1260 and 1262 are normal. Aquabee pump is not quiet and has very bad head pressure. I ended up taking Eheim 1260 again but dampen it with 3 layers of Insulflex 10mm. To my surprise, it is almost silent now :) :) :)

New update:

Took me over 10 hours to get it fix. Sometimes being very modular is very troublesome.Here you go...

6204062570_20bb1af290.jpg

1 LED module. Robust built and modular for multiple setup combination. 1 single unit consists of 16 LEDs in 4 x 4 configuration.

3 types of lens provided - 40, 70 and 100 degree.

Optional fan for active cooling (included).

Electricity consumption is 60w and the power output is equivalent to 250W Metal Halide.

6204062534_d2d380f73d.jpg

Hanging kit. Different type of mounting kit available to suit your tank setup.

6203545749_acaeac9907.jpg

Cable cannot be hidden. This is the best I could do to make it looks neat. Clips are provided but not sufficient (2 per LED module). I am using zip tie to hold all the cable in place.

6204062500_c9f16a6452.jpg

Controller unit. This is optional and need to be purchased separately. Controller will provide more functions and able to communicate up to 16 modules via wireless connection. However, this unit need to be connected to one of the module via "Y" cable for power source.

User is still able to adjust the brightness of the LED without this controller by dimming via the LED module itself.

If anyone got question about this LED, feel free to ask and I will try my best to answer.

This is an interesting setup with the modular LED units. Do post an update or two regarding its performance over the next several weeks/months on its aesthetics and how its effects on your livestock.

hey prox,

possible to take a photo of the tank together with the lightset and see how they look together?

rgds

JAcky

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Yeap..i hope SPS love it.. Else this is a wasted expensive investment :pinch:

Hi

1 single unit consists of 16 LEDs in 4 x 4

did they state how many white, blue, uv and royal blue ?

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

The LED module looks very cool.

Is these modules marketed for commercial or hobby use ?

As per bro Honkit comment, we look forward to seeing the performance of these expensive toys on SPS colouration !

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...