Siang's Kitchen

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

i'm using aquazonic LED and reef octopus bh-1000 skimmer....

Going to add a few more live rocks along the way...still prefer to use liverocks over replica rocks as i don't intend to have strong flow in my tank.

post-15124-0-81352300-1307285064_thumb.j

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

On sat, went down to bengz for some shopping...boy it was crowded that day, but managed to got a monti capsicum + fire shrimp + "dun know wat" wrasse + yumas

Some of my current stocks in holding tub right now...

post-15124-0-84521000-1307285241_thumb.jpost-15124-0-89199700-1307285251_thumb.j

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

Wow ah siang, glad to see you start your own tank thread here :) Will be camping here for your update.. Please share with us what "Rojak" you put in your system LOL ? :P

hahaha...well as u can c...i already have some shrooms and yumas, + my 2 red brains + one lps lookalike monti cap + monti = rojak reef....but one thing for sure, i will not be adding corals that r highly aggressive like torch, hammers, that sort....quite tramatic watching my morrish kena sting by my hammer and was struggling to break free...but in the end RIP...

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Supporter

Are you using a Internal overflow system ? I think the aquazonic LED is not bright enough for your corals , i had a friend whom has been using it for his 2ft tank with coral and it only last 6 month before the light start to become dimmer and dimmer.

• SRC Member

Are you using a Internal overflow system ? I think the aquazonic LED is not bright enough for your corals , i had a friend whom has been using it for his 2ft tank with coral and it only last 6 month before the light start to become dimmer and dimmer.

yes...internal overflow. Tank was 2nd hand from aloy mun...

Will be switching to 4 tubes T5...yeah, agree...the LED is not strong....good for now during cycling to minimise heat

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

eh... is ure tank the 'holding tub' before transferring to the wok anot? :cheers: or treating it as a propagation tank? :yahoo:

will be transferring to the main wok by end of the week.....weeeee.....eeee....

Amby: ya...scaping looks a bit lousy now...as some of the rocks are in the holding tub

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

Looking great bro! tagging along :)

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

orange yumas from bengz...found this rock with lots of yumas on it...immediately laid my hands on it w/o hesitation...haha...only cost me 2 redspost-15124-0-86309200-1307286024_thumb.j

nice!

i bet your progress will be faster than mine.. haha..

why did u buy the orange yumas?! you gave me 2 rocks of those,

could have taken them back from me... haha...

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• SRC Member

try to run wavemaker with filter wool wrap around..in the tank itself...

can significantly reduce the number of days for formation of diatoms on glass... depends on your feeding frequency also..

no fishes at the moment...only one blood shrimp..haha...

i'm also dosing LaCl3 to reduce po4...hur hur

got to get some cleaning crew soon...

l7304smr.jpg

no fishes at the moment...only one blood shrimp..haha...

i'm also dosing LaCl3 to reduce po4...hur hur

got to get some cleaning crew soon...

run bio pellets or rowa phos ( immediate effect can be seen ) for long term sustainability and reliability of po4 control. Bio pellets is more effective for the longer term and i find i can keep more fishes and more sps as the effect of bio pallets strike a fine balance between the two.

If you care to pm me your address, i can send you a very good writeout on the use and working of bio pellets. The very best i have read.:thumbsup: Like wise, any other reefers are welcomed to have a copy of it by pm me yr address. Or i can leave it at Henry's if you want,just pm me the request.

cheers

mike

• SRC Member

run bio pellets or rowa phos ( immediate effect can be seen ) for long term sustainability and reliability of po4 control. Bio pellets is more effective for the longer term and i find i can keep more fishes and more sps as the effect of bio pallets strike a fine balance between the two.

If you care to pm me your address, i can send you a very good writeout on the use and working of bio pellets. The very best i have read.:thumbsup: Like wise, any other reefers are welcomed to have a copy of it by pm me yr address. Or i can leave it at Henry's if you want,just pm me the request.

cheers

mike

checked out available space in the IOS....not possible to squeeze any more pumps....bcoz of my chiller pump....looks like i have to place GFO in a filter sock and let waters run thru it instead....haha

thank u Dr Mike for the kind gesture...c u in iwarna for some tea soon...

l7304smr.jpg