New reefing adventure!

amused

Just wanna say a big Thank You! to all the bros who advised me on the chiller, met with the contractor today and he said that the compressor can be installed :)

So will be installing a 1.5hp compressor but now don't know which brand is more reliable...any recommendations? :)

Thanks again...really grateful.

Just wanna say a big Thank You! to all the bros who advised me on the chiller, met with the contractor today and he said that the compressor can be installed :)

So will be installing a 1.5hp compressor but now don't know which brand is more reliable...any recommendations? :)

Thanks again...really grateful.

grats bro. glad you found a solution !!!

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• 1 month later...

V. well thought out build, and the finishing looks awesome bro!

Would love to hear more about the Abyzz, will you be using its variable speeds for return? If so, how do you intend to sync with your 2 Vortechs?

Thanks bro!

I was thinking of how the wave maker features of the Abyzz might work as a return, will probably experiment quite a bit during the cycling stage. Maybe some experienced reefers out there could offer some valuable advise on this? :friends: As of now I don't think I will be using Vortech anymore, think they will be too strong for my tank, and more importantly no more budget for them! you have any advise on this? :)

The plan now is to fire up the Abyzz and see what kind of current it gives before deciding to add any more wave makers (looking at tunze instead of vortech) :)

Was initially planning to use the new RD but it is taking forever to reach our shores so changed plans.

Nice look at the back? I guess that's some sitting area and the small compartment is for chiller?

Hi bro,

The sitting area opposite the tank houses the QT and the small compartment is actually where the sump extends out from :) I will post more detailed pictures once this part is completed, which will take more than a week :(

Hi bro, nice tank and return pump!

Have not seen anyone using Abyzz before.

Do let us know how this pump performs.

Cheers!

Thanks bro :)

Tried to find reviews on the pump but not much info on it, so took quite awhile before deciding to take a leap of faith...pray that everything turns out well!

The pump is most probably way too strong for my tank so might have to run it at a lower capacity.

I'm also very concerned about having a rimless tank and if there are any strength issues...any gurus care to share their experience or advise on rimless tanks? I have seen lovely ones hence the motivation to take the chance...really pray it no accidents!

• SRC Member

Hi bro, I have always preferred rimless tank.

But as to how thick the glass tank should be; I am not sure myself;

Maybe this link may help you

Anyway, the tank maker said it is fine; then should be ok.

There is warranty right?

Cheers bro!

Thanks bro :)

Tried to find reviews on the pump but not much info on it, so took quite awhile before deciding to take a leap of faith...pray that everything turns out well!

The pump is most probably way too strong for my tank so might have to run it at a lower capacity.

I'm also very concerned about having a rimless tank and if there are any strength issues...any gurus care to share their experience or advise on rimless tanks? I have seen lovely ones hence the motivation to take the chance...really pray it no accidents!

(-_-) Happy will do ... (o_o)