'most recent forum content'

vote to bring it back on???  

77 members have voted

1. 1. vote to bring it back on???

• Yes, It is useful, the mods should bring it back on.
    • No, It's useless, the mods should not bring it back.

Since AT suggested us reefers to vote and no one is doing anything yet, so here goes nothing.

After this poll, if the majority finds that the""most recent forum content" is useful, we shall hv another round of poll to suggest to the mods which other function we think the mods should get rid of, since it is slowing down the forum.

If the majority thinks it is fine, we shall then leave it as it is......

Cheers,

Lightningstrike. ;)

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

Those features have been removed as it is contributing to the server load.

The forum is growing so fast with so much data that the two queries are causing the database server to slow down as every time a page is reloaded, a query is sent to search the entire database to search for the most recent threads and the most popular threads.

That is the recommended action to take after some investigation was done.

Hopefully, it won't inconvenience you guys too much but I am sure you have noticed the site is much much faster now?

AT

There should be a more realistic vote....

The convenience of having the latest/most popular threads seen automatically and having a massive slowdown in the forum

vs

navigating min 1 - max 3 clicks everytime you want to see the latest threads/most popular threads and having a very fast forum for easier browsing.

Those features have been removed as it is contributing to the server load.

The forum is growing so fast with so much data that the two queries are causing the database server to slow down as every time a page is reloaded, a query is sent to search the entire database to search for the most recent threads and the most popular threads.

That is the recommended action to take after some investigation was done.

Hopefully, it won't inconvenience you guys too much but I am sure you have noticed the site is much much faster now?

AT

There should be a more realistic vote....

The convenience of having the latest/most popular threads seen automatically and having a massive slowdown in the forum

vs

navigating min 1 - max 3 clicks everytime you want to see the latest threads/most popular threads and having a very fast forum for easier browsing.

is this to say that no matter how the poll turns out, u wun consider bringing back the most recent/popular threads??? ;)

i m sure something could be done, e.g. omit some other functions to hasten up the loading speed.

pls forgive me for my straight forwardness. :P

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

i think we should at least use the "My Assistant" and "View New Posts" facilities more often.

speed is important especially when you need to move around much. it is very frustrating when encountering slow surfing. :(

also, i assume AT has already done his research :D and hence his decision to do away with the most active threads section.