Reef-A-Palooza

yikai

• Senior Reefer

aquarama is a great chance for this and it's a rather small scale one, but a great opportunity for everyone.

aquarama is really a very blessed event. we are very lucky it's held in singapore and not in other countries. so the next time it happens, everyone should go!

big names come to singapore too for aquarama.

i met jake adams during my last aquarama visit and he offered me a post on reefbuilders there.

julian sprung, and so many others were here the last time!

so the next aquarama, don't hesitate!

• Senior Reefer

as for those who wonder what happen to the fish after the show,

the fishes were sponsered by quality marine and some other lfs i forgot the name.

after the show, the fishes were either sold at the spot to any intersted parties, or brought back to the LFS.

• Senior Reefer

Non believers? What is there to doubt?

i jokingly said that because some people didn't believe the enormous size of the annularis angelfish i posted in the first page!

so i thought that this article could maybe give a better perspective of size.

• Senior Reefer

but aquarama mostly for freshwater

aquarama has a saltwater and freshwater section.

although the saltwater is small, these people still come by.

and btw, jake adams is a huge freshwater fish nut.

he keeps many rare saltwater fish including blue eye pleco.

so why not freshwater too?

next time aquarama is in town, just drop by and say hi :)

Blue eye plec is v rare and expensive. It can cost two times of clarion price many years back when i'm still keeping freshwater.

He is really a pleco collector to appreciate blue eye and willing to pay so much for a big and dull looking pleco.

• Senior Reefer

Blue eye plec is v rare and expensive. It can cost two times of clarion price many years back when i'm still keeping freshwater.

He is really a pleco collector to appreciate blue eye and willing to pay so much for a big and dull looking pleco.

check ur pm

Not sure if Jake Adams, Julian Sprung etc will be at Aquarama 2013 - it's a long way to travel for them.

As for me, it was a pleasure to have met them in person, in particular Julian as I am a big fan of his "The Reef Aquarium" series.

• Senior Reefer

Not sure if Jake Adams, Julian Sprung etc will be at Aquarama 2013 - it's a long way to travel for them.

As for me, it was a pleasure to have met them in person, in particular Julian as I am a big fan of his "The Reef Aquarium" series.

we'll hope they turn up again for the next aquarama.

Aquarama is a mostly a trade rather than a public show ,and the entry fees they charge i feel had discourage many hobbyist like us to visit the event especially those bring their whole family along can easier cost them a good dinner meal at a restaurant.

Most of the booth in Aquarama is not cater to local sales as well since they are most interested in oversea visitor and inquiry, and every year we see lesser and lesser trade participant in the event , hopefully the event is still here to stay. blink.gif

• SRC Member

Lemon, perhaps you can share your experiences to the Aquarama organizers and see if they can include some of the stuff you've seen in their exhibition? A frag swap among reefers in Aquarama would be nice too.

Great idea! Peacemaker.. :P

Aquarama is a mostly a trade rather than a public show ,and the entry fees they charge i feel had discourage many hobbyist like us to visit the event especially those bring their whole family along can easier cost them a good dinner meal at a restaurant.

Most of the booth in Aquarama is not cater to local sales as well since they are most interested in oversea visitor and inquiry, and every year we see lesser and lesser trade participant in the event , hopefully the event is still here to stay. blink.gif

The reducing number of participants and visitors is a worrying trend - it was very noticeable for those who attended the 2009 and 2011 shows. Another reason why I very much doubt the reef "gurus" in the US and Europe will pay a visit to Singapore again.