My New 6ft Tank

danzer

• SRC Member

Bro, I'm sure you are planning more equipment? 1 mp40 in your tank would be too weak and i doubt 60lbs of sand is enough to cover your tank bottom. Suggest to get another 20lbs at least.

Nice idea to have a tap in your sump, may I know what's it gonna be used for?

Looking forward to your updates on the completed setup this weekend.

Nice tank set. Be careful of all your electrical sockets

Too close to the tank .

• Like 1

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member

What is your return pump model?

Tank : 3 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup end Feb 2014 ) --> 4 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup early Nov 2016 )
Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC6 --> Bubble Magus Curve 7
Return pump : Jebao 10000l/h ( down in 17th December 2014 ) --> Jebao DC-12000 ( 19th December 2014 )
Compressor drop-in coil
Wavemaker : Tunze 6105 x 1
Lights : Modular based DIY LED light x 4

Chaeto in the sump

I do not like to have a thick sand bed. See how it goes. If it's not enough, I will just buy another packet. As for my return pump, I will be using 2 x 5000L.

1 MP40 not enough? Sad! See how it goes.. have to start saving for livestock next month.

• SRC Member

well at most u get another mp40 or tunze ;) tunze is also a good and reliable brand.

my tank is 4 feet and I am using tunze 2 variable 6105 and a wavebox plus my 2 returns have penductors.

Flow is very important to prevent dead spots so u start monitoring once your water and rocks are in.

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

.....i've been following yr thread...the placement of the tank is superb! smack at the living room! big and spacious...wonderful to view.

A few pointers though...

Height of sump tank is little low for 6ft...if anything happen, like power trip (just thinking abt worst case scenario) yr sump may flood...(probable, not definite)

Second, the downward force of your water into the sock is gonna be very strong...i'm not too sure whether the holder can withstand that in the long run. In addition, if the sock starts to clog up, water will start to slash around and likely will splah into yr cabinet as well and the surrounding area. If the sock is fully clog up, and u r not around or did not notice or change to a new sock, water is going to gush out and i'm not too sure wat will happen next....

Third, after the lighting is fixed up, will u have problem cleaning yr tank or making any adjustment in yr tank?

l7304smr.jpg

Hi AhSiang,

Thanks for the advise. I will speak to Vincent on the potential hazards. I was informed by him that the water from the main tank will not overflow to the sump in case of power trip. He had done some modifications to the overflow piping.

As for the downward force, I will have to watch out and monitor. I do not like loud noise from the down flow. Vincent said that it will be client. Let see how it goes!

As for the maintenance, I guess I have no choice as I prefer a taller cabinet.

• SRC Member

I didnt notice until amby brought it up.. but yeah after the tank is done, is there going to be any additional middle support for the tank?

i am not a structural engineer do my worry could be for naught but it would be good to check and ensure your tank is adequately supported.

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

Beautiful built in cabinet. You must be happy with the finished product.

Now I see the reason for having a tap in the sump, for you RO/DI water. Interesting design to have it housed inside the sump. You have an area dedicated to mixing saltwater in your sump? Makes it neater and less troublesomen to lug buckets around and make a mess in the house.

I do hope you have enough working space to work with after the lights are installed! It looks quite narrow to me. No matter, short ladder is a must for u. Good luck with scaping!

Hi Danzer,

nice cabinet... glossy white is nice..... :thumbup:

Any plans to hide the MP40 wire?

Also you may want to put some sponge over the top of your filtersock. If it clogs and overflows, there might be water splashing.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

You may want to get some nice FIJI Rocks from CF... looks much better and porous, good for scaping.

agree.... CF rocks will complement your tank setup very well.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

It can only goes sideways. If going upwards, I have to push it up manually.

As for the rocks, I guess I have to stick to existing ones i have as it's not cheap to buy big nice rocks..

noted on the sponge on top of the filter socks. I started to see water splashing upwards...

As for the MP40... I am selling it away as it cannot match with my existing cabinet structure.. so called wireless!! At the meantime, use it circulate my tank while looking for a seller. :)

• SRC Member

honestly I think now with your rocks in, just go for a Bare bottom look because I think it's gonna be absolutely difficult for you to put in that sand carefully with such a tall tank/cabinet, lights etc all there. your work space allowance is really very very tight.... good luck to that man when the time comes! :rolleyes:

Cheers, ;)

Desi