SPONGE

• SRC Member

I only have 3 1/2 months experience with sponge.

They're probably the fastest growing visible organism in my tank.

It is placed in area where they dont get too much light (Place where light is not enough to allow hairalgae growth)

i heard they do consume silicate .. i hope to employ more of it to act as a nature filter against diatom.

The following pic was taken on Dec 13th 2002

What i currently feed: Marc Weiss BlackPowder!! SprayDried Phytoplankton from TLF

post-6-1042454396.jpg

• SRC Member

It really depends on what type of sponge. I've got yellow sponge growing in the dark areas of my LR and I never feed my tank or bother with them, but had absolutely no luck with sponge that are bought.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

Sponges will do well when they are fed with live phytoplankton.

I have noticed a shrinkage when I stopped feeding live phtyo temporarily as I am battling some hair algae and cyano in my tank now.

• SRC Member

Will they do badly then if placed under bright light?

I use MH for my mini reef (100L), so everywhere's bright - can't really find shaded area.

I have Marc Weiss Spectra Vital (is that what u call black powder?) - just bought for RM53.

• SRC Member

Sponge r deep water creature, they wouldnt appreciate the bright light, but not sure if MH would melt them... some sponge dont photosynthesize at all.

em. no BlackPowder is diff from Spectra Vital

RM53!! we've to pay SGD48-50 for the same product