Looking for Peppermint Shrimp

• SRC Member

get a needle used for diabetics and inject the aiptasia with kalwasser. Most effective. Peppermint shrimps might not just not eat aiptasias, they might even eat you zoos or some other softies.

Live and Let Live

Ryz... it will only work for aiptasias that are easily accessible. Do it wrongly and you may even find a new aiptasia in its place if it wasn't completedly killed.

I gave up using kalkwasser paste because there are so many places in my LR that I can't reach... and leaving them there will guarantee a multiplication of plague proportions.

Even Copperbands may not even reach an aiptasia if it's in a awkward area.

From my experience with peppermints.... I give them two thumbs up! Every single aiptasia, in nooks and crannies, on clam shells... were cleaned up within the space of 1 month.

I have 4 peppermints and I see one of them with eggs... so it'll be even better coz I get natural and free coral and fish food! ;)

Peppermint shrimps are reefsafe and I have never seen them disturb any zoos or other softies like xenias in my tank. They scavenge the sandbed and pick at stuff on my glass.

• SRC Member
My white xenias have been with me since Aquarama.... my orange zoanthids (tiny clump) were given to me as a X'mas Party present. :)

Ah...ha!!! I know who..I think I got the sister zoos also from your Santa Claus... :P