Dream Tank

BELL

Sand bed was IN yesterday after getting my nsw from Ah beng.

Some pictures

Last week's arrival

post-21521-0-75250100-1341885376.png

Requested Close up of the IOS

post-21521-0-20714000-1341885413.png

where the water flows in...

post-21521-0-65402600-1341885458_thumb.j

Added a Clock above, hope it doesnt RUST!

post-21521-0-93718700-1341885499.png

My DOG! :)

post-21521-0-09942600-1341885523.png

Power point set up, the interior of my cabinet

post-21521-0-90878100-1341885545.png

With my Maxspect G2 lightings! Perfect!

post-21521-0-15893900-1341885642.jpg

Sand In

post-21521-0-22378500-1341885668.png

Water cleared up within 5 hours..

post-21521-0-80178000-1341885687.png

White and Blue light effect

post-21521-0-90370600-1341885710.png

Blue only...

post-21521-0-26961100-1341885726.png

Thats all.. CF currently got no stocks for LRs untill this weekend.

Will post picts once i get my rocks!

Bye!

Simple and neat. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

G2! so envy! ^_^

Ah beng sent the NSW to you or you self collect?

2 Feet Tank: (Decom Feb 2015)
-Lightings : Pharos LED light 90W with wireless controller
-Chiller : Arctica 1/10HP with H2Ocean Flow Pump 2000

-Wavemaker : Vortech MP10ES
-Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC 3.5

-Return Pump : Eheim Compact 3000
-Reactor – TLF150 (Mod) with NP Biopellet
-Reactor – TLF150 with Rowaphos

• SRC Member

Chiller will still need fresh air to take in from front. No ventilation provided it may just recycle the hot air from back again. Just monitor and see first..

bell mentioned there's a fan blowing it, I presume it supplies air to chiller? it would be better to punch a hole at the side (most people wouldn't want a hole in front) where the chiller is in order to form a convection stream of air.

bell, do you monitor the kicking in and out periods? if you do, mind sharing?

• SRC Member

Nice and tidy.

Btw is this the final position of your wavemaker?

I'm thinking most reefers wouldn't want to show the backside of an equipment in the display tank at the front ya..

It'll also mar your FTS when showcasing the tank.

My 2 cents.

• SRC Member

Nice and tidy.

Btw is this the final position of your wavemaker?

I'm thinking most reefers wouldn't want to show the backside of an equipment in the display tank at the front ya..

It'll also mar your FTS when showcasing the tank.

My 2 cents.

mar your FTS? looks like 1 UFO, cool looking, haha. one's tank must have one's style and signature. that's unique

• SRC Member

Does it really work this way? I somehow reckon the amt of water flowing out to the ios is determined by the flow rate of the return pump only.

If the wavemaker pushes more water than the pump rate, disequilibrium occurs and flooding in the ios will occur. But it doesn't.

The wavemaker should ensure all corners of within the tank is properly turned over. Thus I feel you should aim the wavemaker somewhere else. I always like to create chaos flow in the main tank by opposing the general flow from the return outlet.

• SRC Member
Does it really work this way? I somehow reckon the amt of water flowing out to the ios is determined by the flow rate of the return pump only.

If the wavemaker pushes more water than the pump rate, disequilibrium occurs and flooding in the ios will occur. But it doesn't.

The wavemaker should ensure all corners of within the tank is properly turned over. Thus I feel you should aim the wavemaker somewhere else. I always like to create chaos flow in the main tank by opposing the general flow from the return outlet.

Ios, if input more than output, will flood the ios (depending on design). End up flood goes back to tank.Do you know how do set up laminar flow?

• SRC Member

For flood to go back tank, water in ios will have to rise pretty high, so as to clear the entire height of the ios partition to display tank.

We hardly see this happening. Instead, display tank water level is always constant. So equilibrium is always maintained, meaning out rate is always same as return rate.

Laminar flow is?

• SRC Member
For flood to go back tank, water in ios will have to rise pretty high, so as to clear the entire height of the ios partition to display tank.

We hardly see this happening. Instead, display tank water level is always constant. So equilibrium is always maintained, meaning out rate is always same as return rate.

Laminar flow is?

Interesting.

Laminar flow, sometimes known as streamline flow, occurs when a fluid flows in parallel layers, with no disruption between the layers.  At low velocities the fluid tends to flow without lateral mixing, and adjacent layers slide past one another like playing cards. There are no cross currents perpendicular to the direction of flow, nor eddies or swirls of fluids.  In laminar flow the motion of the particles of fluid is very orderly with all particles moving in straight lines parallel to the pipe walls.  In fluid dynamics , laminar flow is a flow regime characterized by high momentum diffusion  and low momentum convection . When a fluid is flowing through a closed channel such as a pipe or between two flat plates, either of two types of flow may occur depending on the velocity of the fluid: laminar flow or turbulent flow . Laminar flow is the opposite of turbulent flow which occurs at higher velocities where eddies  or small packets of fluid particles form leading to lateral mixing. In nonscientific terms laminar flow is "smooth", while turbulent flow is "rough."

- extracted from wikipedia