Reporting of reefers on Dishonest Acts

stevenchia

• SRC Member

I think those who seldom post and posting like one word posting is pretty obvious if you see their track record. Anyway this is a great forum to be in. Many pple here are quite accommodative when it comes to replies and advice.

Lets just hope this forum do not become like some other forums where pple are tied down by rules and you have to resort to justify why must post at certain sections.

sound like sellers has more dishonest acts. How about buyer?

When i first started this hobbies and just join this forum, i bought two fishes from two different senior reefers also.

that time i was really new and inexperience.

One was from a QT tank, was told he just caught from the main tank, colour fading and therefore he dim the light, die the next morning.

Second one was already packed in plastic bag, travel all the way there and decide not to waste the trip, die the next day also.

I didn't blame anyone or question them. ( wasting time) but i do feel upset.

maybe is true the fish is too stress up and die the next morning.

Maybe is my problem not to reject such buying without really doing all the preventive measures.

Again, who are we to judge? everyone has their own explanation.

I told myself if i would to buy stuff again from this forum, i make sure i don't repeat the same mistake.

Hot fishes and coral, everyone wants, i learned to be more patient now.

And i will never buy from these reefers who i had bad experience with

Then can you share with me :

1. Members who has no intention to bid for stuff/corals in the forum ( member try to raise bid value higher for his buddy) consider dis-honest act?

Example: support! support !in the end the newbie or inexperience reefer just bid the last round.

2. experience reefer's "know how" buy discount price coral from farm and frag to sell in the forum at premium, consider dishonest act or consider proper trade?

before i join this forum, i already hear from ex-members from the farm regarding this.

i think the main objective/goals for this forum is to encourage people to this hobby, create awareness, make nice friend with common interest, share reefing knowledge and technics, support the local marine industries, that is why we have the sponsor coming in.

in general, most reefers are keen in pasar malam column with the highest views posting, but only see few reefers sharing and advising the newbie.

100 posting to allow newbie to post in pasar malam, no wonder newbie post rubbish, they are already so inexperience, how many things can they share than posting remarks and simple questions.

Hope this website is not just trading forum that benefit the buyer or seller/ reseller, if not i think the sponsors will be wasting their effort and at dis-advantage.

Seriously, i still don't understand why i can buy a colony of Vietnam zoas covered with so many eagle eye and radioactive green button polyps @ S$18-20

and i see reefer selling one polyps for 1-2 dollars?

I like to apologise first if i have make any stupid comments, but is just my thoughts.

If i did say anything wrong, maybe pls share with me.

Thank you.

• SRC Member

But i do see a couple of newbies posting nonsense juz to gain posts. I wonder if they will be banned for dat.

Ban those newbies who post nonsense just to gain post ... both hands up..

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

Ban those newbies who post nonsense just to gain post ... both hands up..

Actually...they managed to dig out historic threads and add comments 'Nice', 'Good info', etc...also not easy la...lol... and I am not judging... :P

On the other side of the coin, maybe they really feel that those old threads contains useful info so they want to upz the posts for other to reference...

so for me...just give them benefit of doubts la. they are not hurting anyone anyway.

Regards,
Jeff

Aquarium: 48" x 18" x 24" tank with 24" x 15" x 15" sump (approx. 150 gallons)
Equipment: Maxspect Razor 320W, Vortech MP40, Vertex Omega 180i, Eheim 1262 return pump, Hailea HS 66A, Bacteria King
Fish and coral food: Henry's Reefgourmet pellets, Preis coral energizer, Kent Marine PhytoPlex, Brightwell Reef Snow, Two-Little Fishies Marine Snow
Dosage: Triton Elements

IMG_0562small.jpg

• SRC Member

Actually...they managed to dig out historic threads and add comments 'Nice', 'Good info', etc...also not easy la...lol... and I am not judging... :P

On the other side of the coin, maybe they really feel that those old threads contains useful info so they want to upz the posts for other to reference...

so for me...just give them benefit of doubts la. they are not hurting anyone anyway.

I agree with you ... but after 20 posts.. the next post will be at selling forum ....

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

Why don’t the moderator come up with something similar to ebay. They post the percentage of positive feedback from the buyer. This can be done by asking the buyer to give feedback before closing the buy/sell thread. The positive feedback can be highlighted at the seller profile. I know this will take lots of time and effort of the moderator. Maybe we can compensate it by giving curtain percentage to moderator from each sales for highlighting the positive feedback from buyer. Off course not everyone willing to pay, so there will be no info available about that seller (so the buyer have to take higher risk to buy from that seller) . This will be a win-win situation for everyone. Just my 2 cent.

• Like 1

• SRC Member

sound like sellers has more dishonest acts. How about buyer?

When i first started this hobbies and just join this forum, i bought two fishes from two different senior reefers also.

that time i was really new and inexperience.

One was from a QT tank, was told he just caught from the main tank, colour fading and therefore he dim the light, die the next morning.

Second one was already packed in plastic bag, travel all the way there and decide not to waste the trip, die the next day also.

I didn't blame anyone or question them. ( wasting time) but i do feel upset.

maybe is true the fish is too stress up and die the next morning.

Maybe is my problem not to reject such buying without really doing all the preventive measures.

Again, who are we to judge? everyone has their own explanation.

I told myself if i would to buy stuff again from this forum, i make sure i don't repeat the same mistake.

Hot fishes and coral, everyone wants, i learned to be more patient now.

And i will never buy from these reefers who i had bad experience with

Then can you share with me :

1. Members who has no intention to bid for stuff/corals in the forum ( member try to raise bid value higher for his buddy) consider dis-honest act?

Example: support! support !in the end the newbie or inexperience reefer just bid the last round.

2. experience reefer's "know how" buy discount price coral from farm and frag to sell in the forum at premium, consider dishonest act or consider proper trade?

before i join this forum, i already hear from ex-members from the farm regarding this.

i think the main objective/goals for this forum is to encourage people to this hobby, create awareness, make nice friend with common interest, share reefing knowledge and technics, support the local marine industries, that is why we have the sponsor coming in.

in general, most reefers are keen in pasar malam column with the highest views posting, but only see few reefers sharing and advising the newbie.

100 posting to allow newbie to post in pasar malam, no wonder newbie post rubbish, they are already so inexperience, how many things can they share than posting remarks and simple questions.

Hope this website is not just trading forum that benefit the buyer or seller/ reseller, if not i think the sponsors will be wasting their effort and at dis-advantage.

Seriously, i still don't understand why i can buy a colony of Vietnam zoas covered with so many eagle eye and radioactive green button polyps @ S$18-20

and i see reefer selling one polyps for 1-2 dollars?

I like to apologise first if i have make any stupid comments, but is just my thoughts.

If i did say anything wrong, maybe pls share with me.

Thank you.

For buying livestock from other reefers, u can just negotiate yr terms n questioning. learn to say no, if u r uncomfortable. U can avoid these unpleasant issues.

As for the zoas, I feel u... But if someone want to sell n there's a buyer who's willing to buy, One can't really put a stop sign in the forum to halt the trade.

I was told some regulars of a lfs always get the cream of crop shipments. They in turn frag n sell. Every trade functions like this everywhere. If one disapproves it, then one can don't support it.

For me, reefing isn't about getting the nicest corals or fishes, but to replicate a natural piece of ocean in a tank, n hopefully see them spawn.

• Like 1

Tank size:36"x36"x24"

Return pump" 2x Reef Octo 5000

Skimmer:BK Double Cone 200 on Reef Octopus DC 5500s.

Wavemaker:2xVortech MP40wES

Chemical filtration:1xeducator FR(biopellets)

Chiller:1hp Daikin compressor.

Lighting:2 x Kessil A360we

Auto topup system: JBJ ATO + new jet 1200

Dosing system: Kamoer 3 channel.

Additives: ESV 2 part.

Power consumption

2XReef Octo 5000: 120watts

BK skimmer:50watts

2xVortech wavemaker:70watts

Daikin compressor:775watts

Lighting:180watts

Ato system:21watts

Exhaust fans:16watts

Refugium light:27watts

But then there are some like me who have only amassed 50 posts after being members for 2+ yrs. I don't post if I have nothing to say or ask constructively. Yet I have collected some stuff over the yrs that my Mrs. keeps nagging to clear. But the goalposts (min. number of posts) keeps shifting... and I might have to wait another 2 yrs before I can post here at this rate.

Maybe this "100 postings" rule should not be applied retrospectively, i.e. it should be applied to only those who join the forum from the date the rule was made.

Might be alot of work for the Mods or maybe even not possible to administer, but I hope you would consider, thanks.

Agreed! I started my first marine tank at 1993 and member since 2003 but amassed only 33 posts.

• SRC Member

Ehh guys. I'm new to the hobby. And on a tight budget. I haven make a lot of post. I wanted to buy a 2nd skimmer. Coz my 2nd hand hand me down skimmer spoil. I wanted to post on pasar malam to wtb a 2nd one but can't. Need 100 post

I think we should split it so at least newbie like me can get help with our equipment. I'm glad I met pple like Jon who help me with equipment and stuff. Haven got scam yet. But hope it wun happen to anyone

Ehh guys. I'm new to the hobby. And on a tight budget. I haven make a lot of post. I wanted to buy a 2nd skimmer. Coz my 2nd hand hand me down skimmer spoil. I wanted to post on pasar malam to wtb a 2nd one but can't. Need 100 post

I think we should split it so at least newbie like me can get help with our equipment. I'm glad I met pple like Jon who help me with equipment and stuff. Haven got scam yet. But hope it wun happen to anyone

Need 100 posts in order to post in pasar malam is way too much, IMO.

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

For buying livestock from other reefers, u can just negotiate yr terms n questioning. learn to say no, if u r uncomfortable. U can avoid these unpleasant issues.

As for the zoas, I feel u... But if someone want to sell n there's a buyer who's willing to buy, One can't really put a stop sign in the forum to halt the trade.

I was told some regulars of a lfs always get the cream of crop shipments. They in turn frag n sell. Every trade functions like this everywhere. If one disapproves it, then one can don't support it.

For me, reefing isn't about getting the nicest corals or fishes, but to replicate a natural piece of ocean in a tank, n hopefully see them spawn.

I could not agree more with you on your last statement, I have the same thoughts as you. :)