Reporting of reefers on Dishonest Acts

stevenchia

• SRC Member

Seems there are getting more and more cases on cheating.

Example: Getting the livestock or equipments which says in good condition but after got it. Found livestock is different or damaged/ wounded and denied by reefer.

So I have come up with an idea..

Reefers who goes on around cheating ppl will have their names reported here.

Nickname example : Forevereefer "Foxxxxxxxxer".

or if you wan put down the whole name better still.

Any good ideas?

This is to create reefers awareness. Anyone want start the ball rolling?

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

Bro this is definitely a good idea but I felt we should let the mods here decide or control who's name to put up from a neutral party point of view.

From time to time there might be misunderstanding or miscommunication that leads to buyer feeling cheated while the actual intention of seller is not to cheat.

It may be unfair to to a persons name put up by buyers in a fit of anger cos he felt "cheated" without getting the facts first. Once the name is being put up it is being put up. It will more or less cause a down side to his/her reputation here.

Just my 2sen :)

• SRC Member

Buyers should always make sure u see the actual thing b4 buying from sellers. But most buyers are juz too kind to trust the other party. Sometimes kindness doesn't pay.

For me, i always make sure buyers come over to my place to view 1st b4 buying. But i will not buy/sell to those dat i have bad experience with.

But i think moderators should be the one whom decide who should be exposed here :)

• SRC Member

Bro this is definitely a good idea but I felt we should let the mods here decide or control who's name to put up from a neutral party point of view.

From time to time there might be misunderstanding or miscommunication that leads to buyer feeling cheated while the actual intention of seller is not to cheat.

It may be unfair to to a persons name put up by buyers in a fit of anger cos he felt "cheated" without getting the facts first. Once the name is being put up it is being put up. It will more or less cause a down side to his/her reputation here.

Just my 2sen :)

Yes you are right.. u need to firm with urself n must know wats cheating.. that means a guy who is trying to sell his half dead stuff to you before mentioning it to u and trying means of way to prevent u to see before buying. Packed in plastic bag and say this 10ct coin size fellow can open up to x3 fifty cents size.. actual size was said to x3 50cts open.. Suprised him with a 10ct coin size..

So do u consider that cheating?

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Artica 1/5

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

• SRC Member

Hope someone here can start posting...

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Artica 1/5

Member of:

• SRC Member

There's only 1 case reported.. others just keep quiet.

So far no one post. That will be easlier to post here i think..

And the bullet proof angel fish incident not reported there also.

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Artica 1/5

Member of:

• SRC Supporter

We have already setup the new feedback section under the pasa malam thread for members to share both their "Good" and "Bad" experience during the transaction.

Please start a thread there to share your Good or Bad experience if any. Especially, If you think you have been cheated or treated unfairly. If you do not wish to put up the name of that person, by sharing your experience with others , at least it will prevent others from falling into the same trap and telling others that the community is watching you ..

However, i do like to point out again that alot of unhappiness cannot be avoid if the buyer stated everything clearly in his sales thread so that the buyer understand fully what he is paying for in return.

Also do not know what happen after MOD said thread closed for parties to resolve. So what is the point? We need to know what really happened, is it true case of cheating or just misunderstanding ? was it resolved? Maybe good to hear from the victim.

Basically the subforum was to let the community know about which reefer is doing dishonest transaction and not to flame anyone, so if the situation is getting out of hand with kaypohs adding fuel to fire and posting comments that is of no use and unconstructive comments and just make things worse, it have happen a lot of times over the years with some kaypoh reefers... So we need to control by closing the thread once there is an agreement with the buyer and seller or with the request of the thread starter. The stating of name list without any evidence or proof or any backup is of no use as we wun know what is happening, it might be a misunderstanding or a personal attack..

And us Mods are not law enforcers we are in no position to demand the seller a refund for the faulty equipment or unhealthy livestock, so if the buyer wants to file a report for scamming, they can go to the police station with the relevant evidences.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Those incidents that recently happen.. we can only learn to prevent it from happening.

See carefully or test the equipment if working or not before buying.

Check livestock if healthy before you buy and do not receive in plastic bags or believe it is in good condition with someone who u do not know.

And we reefers here are neighbours and we do keep a lookout for each other.

So the Badies out there.. Better watch yourselves, dont get caught.

Police is always here.

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Artica 1/5

Member of:

• SRC Member

I agree with Terryz and also want to thank for mini reefer who bringing this issue on to the surface for discussion. For me I will not going to use this subforum unless other party are really needs to be pointed out to the community and also to help other new newbies to understand how to use this pasa malam platform in a more enjoyable way. Frankly speaking, I do facing few cases of unhappy situations also, eg. ask to reserve but later called him and he said changed of plan... ba ba... Of course, I do made ppl misunderstood of me and made ppl unhappy too in the past. Well, Let's give each one a chance to become a nice reefer, and hopefully one day we can see our community are more respectful to each other buy/sell. Most importantly, enjoy your reefering! :cheers:

• SRC Member

pointless coz bad reputation sellers can recreate another acc.....

Teh'sTankSetup Decomm on 18/8/2012

Tank: 2x1x1 Rimless Tank (Sumpless)

Lighting: Aquazonic 2x24watts T5 (Actinic x Sun White)

Moonlight: Acardia 1W Led Light (Blue)

Filter: ISTA Max Care Cannister

Skimmer: Bubble Magus E3

Chiller: Resun CL450 (Aquazonic Evo Pump)

Wave: Boyu WM-25

Commissioned 20/9/2012

Tank: 3x2x2.5

Lighting: 250w DeLighting MH/ 2x 39w Delighting Diy T5 ATI Blue Plus

Skimmer: H&S Skimmer Type 110-F2000

Chiller: CL450 (Aquazonic Evo Pump)

Return Pump: Eheim 1260

Reactor: D&D H2Ocean FMR 75 (ADA 1500 Pump)(Rowaphos)

Wavemaker: 2x SunSun Wavemaker (3000L)

Incoming:

Conch ll Basic

ATO System/Tunze Osmolator

Magic Marine 3CH Dosing Pump

months ago, i bought a rare fish from a reefer but died the next day

my parents thought i got "scam", but its certainly not the case

unlike other hobbies, sg reefing circle is so small

how many times can you "scam"?

when buying livestock, not only you need the see the fish/coral condition

viewing the tank condition is equally important

as for equipment, always test before committing

i always recommend my buyer to view before committing

this will prevent a lot of misunderstanding

ps i create my own list of bad username lol

• SRC Member

Agreed. Cheating ppl just show how low grade that person is and not to mention abt his integrity.

I just felt sorry for them in a way and no point getting angry with them.

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Artica 1/5

Member of:

• SRC Member

I guess becoming a victim of scam can be upsetting experience but reefers should aim to use the subforum constructively...

1) As what bro Harlequin mentioned, for the benefit of doubt and fairness to the other party involved, give the other party 24 ~ 48 hrs to respond back. Just in case there is a misunderstanding.

2) To warn fellow reefers of these irresponsible buyer/seller.

Of which both above are for a good cause.

With the thought of point (1) in mind, I was thinking whether the victim should be putting up the real name and full contact number straightaway. If later it was clarified by both parties that this is a misunderstanding then it may be paiseh for the victim since he already 'announced' to every fellow reefer of the other party's contact, and such. Just a thought la. I am thinking maybe after 24 ~ 48 hrs if no attempt from the other party to correct the matter, then publish the name and contact...otherwise can just publish the contact as 8***1234 for example
:)

Regards,
Jeff

Aquarium: 48" x 18" x 24" tank with 24" x 15" x 15" sump (approx. 150 gallons)
Equipment: Maxspect Razor 320W, Vortech MP40, Vertex Omega 180i, Eheim 1262 return pump, Hailea HS 66A, Bacteria King
Fish and coral food: Henry's Reefgourmet pellets, Preis coral energizer, Kent Marine PhytoPlex, Brightwell Reef Snow, Two-Little Fishies Marine Snow
Dosage: Triton Elements

IMG_0562small.jpg

pointless coz bad reputation sellers can recreate another acc.....

This is one of the loophole but with the handphone number indicated... It should help a bit..Unless the scammer is even going change handphone number... If I am the scammer, I certainly wun go thru the trouble of changing handphone..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Supporter
This is one of the loophole but with the handphone number indicated... It should help a bit..Unless the scammer is even going change handphone number... If I am the scammer, I certainly wun go thru the trouble of changing handphone..
That is also why we have the minimum posting requirement in place for newbie in the pasa malam section.He has to obtain certain numbers of posting before he can at least try to scam again lol... Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• SRC Member
That is also why we have the minimum posting requirement in place for newbie in the pasa malam section.He has to obtain certain numbers of posting before he can at least try to scam again lol... Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

But i do see a couple of newbies posting nonsense juz to gain posts. I wonder if they will be banned for dat.

Seems there are getting more and more cases on cheating.

Example: Getting the livestock or equipments which says in good condition but after got it. Found livestock is different or damaged/ wounded and denied by reefer.

So I have come up with an idea..

Reefers who goes on around cheating ppl will have their names reported here.

Nickname example : Forevereefer "Foxxxxxxxxer".

or if you wan put down the whole name better still.

Any good ideas?

This is to create reefers awareness. Anyone want start the ball rolling?

Hi mini-reefer,

wow, very bad. may i know what is there inside the plastic bag which you bought from the seller? cloral?

• SRC Member

Hi mini-reefer,

wow, very bad. may i know what is there inside the plastic bag which you bought from the seller? cloral?

Sps pink birdnest. Got it when i was a newbie.. guess newbie will need to becareful rather then listening to salesman.

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Artica 1/5

Member of:

• SRC Member

Hi mini-reefer,

Sps pink birdnest. Got it when i was a newbie.. guess newbie will need to becareful rather then listening to salesman.

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Artica 1/5

Member of:

Yeah. Non constructive post. More like post count kind. The joker post for the sake of post count.

But then there are some like me who have only amassed 50 posts after being members for 2+ yrs. I don't post if I have nothing to say or ask constructively. Yet I have collected some stuff over the yrs that my Mrs. keeps nagging to clear. But the goalposts (min. number of posts) keeps shifting... and I might have to wait another 2 yrs before I can post here at this rate.

Maybe this "100 postings" rule should not be applied retrospectively, i.e. it should be applied to only those who join the forum from the date the rule was made.

Might be alot of work for the Mods or maybe even not possible to administer, but I hope you would consider, thanks.