How to pellet train clownfish

I bought a pair of clownfish from ML ytd. Henry said they are not pellet trained yet. tried to feed ytd and today with pellet, they are not eating. I even gave a few bloodworm today, they are also not interested.. How long can they survive w/o eating.. I scare before they become pellet train, they might go to heaven alr. :'(

Frozen mysis always seem to work for me.

Assuming that they have been eating at ML, they should be fine for at least 1 week without food. In fact, I think most people suggest not feeding them for the first day.

Once they are feeding on some other food like mysis, one way to get them pellet trained is by mixing the pellets with the mysis.

they will straighten their thoughts when they get hungry

The spirit of sharing...

always remember forum is like its name - forum

Singapore Reef Club – We are an online discussion community which aim to provide quality information about setting up and keeping a marine reef aquarium. By joining us as a members, you will be able to learn and share your experience in this hobby and at the same time making some friends here !! We hope by educating the public about the marine hobby, we will be able to create greater awareness of the fragility of our coral reefs as well as loving each and every living fish / corals we purchase as a responsible reefer.

Hmm. This morning I wake up and see them. One of them is fading in color and skin looks abit peeling off like that. They are in the ioslation box inside my main tank as I wanna train them to eat pellet first. Any advise on the fading and peeling issue.? Isit dying? :(

I will also want to wean my clownfish off mysis and brineshrimp. Even with mysis and brineshrimp, my clown is not excited during feeding time. He just keep swimming up and down the tank wall. He does'nt swim in the middle of the tank among the rocks. Has been like this for 2 weeks since i got him.

• SRC Member

ask uncle henry what he's feeding it with and just let it be as too much attention may stress the fish instead in my opinion...:) in any case, next time, need to be alil kiasu and try to get pellet feeding fishes...:) save the worries...:) all my clowns were like yours and didnt even feed and couldnt make it last time till i got a few from Ml that was tank bred...:) good luck!!

Fresh fishes and inverts! What's next? To the salty side of marine of course!:)

"Never to part, lest jealous heaven stole our hearts"

Hey try this... normally clown fish will eat those food that flown faster...Try to use ur wavemaker or return pump water to blow ur pellet pass by them they will try to catch the food... and one or two times they will start eating good luck bro

My 1st Tank (FOWLR)

4.5ft x 2.5ftx 3ft 15mm with Cabinet & Tank

2x Two Little Fishie 150 Reactor (Rowaphos & Rowacarbon)

1x Two Little Fishie 300 Reactor (Biopellet)

Reef Octupos SRO-3000INT Skimmer

Teco Chiller TR20 1/3hp with UV

Vortech MP40ES Wavemotion

JBJ auto top-up

Eheim 1264 Return Pump

9 Stage Ro Water

Neptunes Sys Aqua Controller (PH, ORP, Temp,Conductivity,Salinity and Email Alert)

• SRC Member

I believe that the clownfish are too small to eat any pellets. Mouth still not big enough. Normally ML henry fishes have been train to eat pellets & his frozen gourmet. U can try his frozen food if the clownfish still dun eat the pellets. I got few cleaner wrasse from him before and they do eat his frozen food. They are able to survive for 11 mths.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2