Yellow powder

• 4 weeks later...

Normally the fish can treated in qt. But the main tank still have inflection. Pull back the fish will get back the disease. How to solve the main tank is the problem.

twice weekly 20% water change to keep water parameters clean after putting the infected fish back to the main tank works for me.

I dipped my Majestic angel in yellow powder for a day and add it back to the main tank. There after change water 2 times a week of 20% for 3 weeks.

Not only the majestic is healing well, rest of the fishes not infected.

I guess clean water parameters is always the main cure for most diseases as a healthy fish will be able to ward of the diseases.

Guess bacteria is always present in certain amt in aquarium system. Fishes carry them. Good water parameter keeps the fish healthy to fight off. So WC, good filtratiom system, good skimmer/scrubber are part of the "necessary" husbandry for reef tank.

twice weekly 20% water change to keep water parameters clean after putting the infected fish back to the main tank works for me. I dipped my Majestic angel in yellow powder for a day and add it back to the main tank. There after change water 2 times a week of 20% for 3 weeks. Not only the majestic is healing well, rest of the fishes not infected. I guess clean water parameters is always the main cure for most diseases as a healthy fish will be able to ward of the diseases.
Yes. Water parameters is important. I have read I yeo99 blog too that need to increase the frequency of water change. I wonder if there any method that maintain the water change frequency. Also I wondered what does bro vtec say about depending on the type of diseases. I know ich we can maintain water change schedule while we dose copper. How about bacterial inflections? Internal inflection or worm is not a concern. But worm need to isolated the fish. Becuase the poo from inflected fish may be consumed by other fish and other fish to be inflected.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

No. Copper is good against velvet but must be fast

Fast? meant can't soak the fish too long in the coppered QT?

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Yellow powder use for bacteria infection treatment while copper/cupermine(preferred) is for ich/velvet treatment. Once u hv confirmed is velvet, u need treatment immediately (fast), velvet killed the entire fish in ur tank within few days.

Thanks.

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member
can i just permanently place yellow powder in my quarantine tank? so that new fishes will have a bath before going into the display tank
After bathing the fishes in the yellow powder water, the water will turn clowdy. U will need to do water change and redo the yellow powder. And some med do lose effect in 24 hrs. Not so sure abt yellow powder. I will only use yellow powder for more serious case.