3ftx1.5ftx2ft New Setup

staromsa

Worried after water change ytd. Happen to test my no3 and its still high...

Tank and Equipments Used:-

Tank Size: 3x1.5x2

Return Pump: Eheim 1260

Lighting: DE 36 Inch T5 Retrofit 6 x 39 Watts | 5 ATI Blue Plus & 1 ATI Special Blue.

Wavemaker: 1x WP-40 | 1x SUNSUN 5000ltr/hr

Skimmer: BUBBLE MAGUS C7

Skimz ideas FR: Running ROWAPHOS (FEEDER PUMP: RESUN 1000)

Enductor FR: Running NP Biopellet (FEEDER PUMP: AQUABEE 1000)

Chaeto in sump

~ Watching my tank matures and progressing day by day , gives me great satisfactory

Cheers!

High no3.. help!

• Like 1

Lighting: DE 36 Inch T5 Retrofit 6 x 39 Watts | 5 ATI Blue Plus & 1 ATI Special Blue.

Chaeto in sump

~ Watching my tank matures and progressing day by day , gives me great satisfactory

Cheers!

• SRC Member

To reduce no3, u need large water change. If your tank is still cycling, then no worries. Wait awhile more and let the bacteria work on it. Btw u shouldnt do water change if u are cycling your tank.

Was advise by some seniors bro's bro. As there might be no3 leech in my live rocks.. but during the weekends, its kind of high my no3 levels are at 10ppm. After the water change, no3 has been brought down to 2-5ppm. Still high though. But there is improvements:) THANKS Vtec bro.

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

Btw my po4 level is 0ppm as tested with salifert testkit yestersay...

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

My is currently at 2-5ppm bro... before this new setup, was at 100ppm. There seemed to be no hope on it therefore only choice is to restart. Now just hoping that my biopellets and microbacter 7 would bring my no3 down. Rowa did a good job all the time in keeping my po4 in ranges betwee 0-0.03ppm.. now i am down with one last thing which is my no3. With that, if my no3 drops to desired levels for sps, then i will be adding some sps during the 4week..

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

• SRC Member

honestly, add SPS only after your tank matures, which is at least 3 - 6 months.. start off with softies or LPS first.. u can try cheato or ATS to reduce your no3.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

Hmmm, i would consider about that. Just trytry out 1st. Haha...

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

Today morning, realised that water has evaporated. Return pump started giving microbubbles... Was raining dogs and cats... cant possibily go down and get distilled water so no choice but to add boiled water boiled by the kettle .. but water was already cooled by the fridge. Poured abt 1.5L in. Will that cos a po4 SPIKE and algae growth?

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

Yeah using that as topup only. But today morning was exceptional. I really couldnt gt di water hence used boiled drinking water..

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

EQUIPMENTS UPDATE: Bought a wp-40 earlier from iwarna. Was wondering which mode should i use? I wad using my sunsun to blast thr wavr directly opposite it. Would that be too strong for my 3x2x1.5? Currently using W1 mode.

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

Will take a FTS later.

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

Bro for your info, boiled water TSD will be the same as normal tap water. I do testing before on boil and normal water. It okie to use tap water as long you left it for 1 day but will need to becareful of alage problem but still can be handle. It will be cheaper if you can get 3 stage DI unit.

Noted. YES, it has been there for more then a day. But i did that only on that day. So far so good. Today officially the 2nd week bro. No diatom yet...

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

• SRC Member

honestly, add SPS only after your tank matures, which is at least 3 - 6 months.. start off with softies or LPS first.. u can try cheato or ATS to reduce your no3.

:thumbsup: sps needs more than low nutrients... There is also major elements like CA, KH & MG (which to me is a pain to adjust), micro elements, stable parameters, correct lighting, etc not to mention good husbandry... All these come with time.

Your tank will need time to be chemically stable and in balance... Just remember we are plucking a life off a huge water tank to place into out small enclosed system... Give mother nature a chance too bro :)

Btw ur WP40 can set to W1 mode and slowly tune from there to get ur desired wave mode...

:: just a noob ::

Jxlex bro, my current wave mode is at w1. Dont really get the instruction menu i wanna know whats the use of the scroll thing.. is it to adjust between 3000l/hr - 13000l/hr . Or is there other purposes?

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

• SRC Member

Ya its to set the strength of the flow... Turn and wait for awhile (3-5mins), if the wave too big, lower dwn abit and wait again... The reverse is true... Once satisfied just lock it so u wont accidentally adjust it...

Repeat: After every adjustment wait about 3-5mins for the wave to properly form, its not immediate turn n it happens... If not mistaken manual states 10mins but i think dun need that long

:: just a noob ::

• 2 weeks later...

Hi SRC long time no update liao. As was cycling tank. Just only this week i encountered massive diatom outbreak and hair algae outbreak. Why is that so? No dying matters though. Lighting period from 1.00pm :(2 blue plus on) 1.30pm :( 5 blue plus +1 aquablue special.) 10.00pm :( 2 blue plus) 10.30( Lights out) Now cut down to only 7hrs only. Instead of the above. Po4 at 0.03ppm. Also realised that algae only grew when i started to on my lights. Seniors pls advise! Thks!

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

• SRC Member

Normal

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

@szone:Some zoas already inside. @james72:But i realised that the diatom algae started to grow on my zoas polyp. And that particular polyps refuses to open.. Regarding the hair algae, why isit occuring? Thks bros! Cheers.

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

Hi bro and sis, added sps in this wed. This is my FTS as of today.

Enjoy!

Below are the shots in 5blue plus and 1 aquablue special. & shots with 2 blue plus only.

Cant seemed to capture the colours properly due to using phone camera. Despite the insane growth of hair algae, colours seems to be maintening well.

Just hope for the best.

Cheers.

post-22543-0-85630100-1368367549_thumb.j

post-22543-0-63041500-1368367607_thumb.j

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!