WTB "glue" to stick coral

• SRC Member

We notice the zoas seems to be over growing and heads starts to drop off. there is afew that attached themshelves onto other rocks and open up. Maybe due to the fishes and all they drop off again. Sadly some dropped into the rock pile which we will not take out. But for those that has dropped onto the sand bed we really wanna stick them on rocks permantly. We do not need alot so if people who wants to sell their used glue please pm me. Save my zoas please.

• SRC Member

Just so that u are aware, that glue is gel like so not like the super glue you come to commonly know...

After using, wipe off any excess and cap it up properly... Throw it in the fridge and it will be fine...

Alternatively you can go to any giant, hardware shop and get smaller bottles of super glue gel type... $2-$3

:: just a noob ::

• SRC Member

If silicone is toxic, no one can keep ls in tank. And it is silly to use silicone to stick your frag. It is messy and take 1 day to cure.

bcoz it takes along time to harden. during sloggy "gel" stage it may pollute the water. sorry didnt may myself clear

• SRC Member

Just get super glue gel type la, wont kill ur tank la... Hahaha... BSI gel is basically Cyanoacrylates...

thx for the info. Just to be really safe and stupid..u using the super glue gel type? is there a particular brand u use?

• SRC Member

Anyway regarding ur other question, yes i used to use any gel base super glue i can get my hands on... Until i come to a stage whereby i realise its more cost effective for me to buy a big bottle... Its been 2yrs and i still have 30% left

:: just a noob ::

• SRC Member

Anyway regarding ur other question, yes i used to use any gel base super glue i can get my hands on... Until i come to a stage whereby i realise its more cost effective for me to buy a big bottle... Its been 2yrs and i still have 30% left

thx for the advice...another silly qn before i stupidly go out buy super glue. does the label or description states its gel base?

• Moderators

If u stay in the west. I can sell u a tube of the BSI as i keep spare.

it is still 1 of the most cost efficienct tube GEL glue in the market.

Don't buy the GEL type from Daiso. It is super liquid no doubt it state GEL at the packing.

Tom

• SRC Member

If u stay in the west. I can sell u a tube of the BSI as i keep spare.

it is still 1 of the most cost efficienct tube GEL glue in the market.

Don't buy the GEL type from Daiso. It is super liquid no doubt it state GEL at the packing.

good to know. thanks...i keep thinking or at least the super glue type is very liquid hence i didnt realise if there is any GEL type in the market. PM me ur number please. thx

I've tried at least 10 types of Cyanoacrylate (super glue) and from my experience bsi is the best. I would like to find a less expensive alternative but every time I try something else I regret it in the end.

@jxlex bro, currently using tlf corafix it kind of doesnt stick vey well. Even on a flat base. Can advise? :)

Tank and Equipments Used:-

Tank Size: 3x1.5x2

Return Pump: Eheim 1260

Lighting: DE 36 Inch T5 Retrofit 6 x 39 Watts | 5 ATI Blue Plus & 1 ATI Special Blue.

Wavemaker: 1x WP-40 | 1x SUNSUN 5000ltr/hr

Skimmer: BUBBLE MAGUS C7

Skimz ideas FR: Running ROWAPHOS (FEEDER PUMP: RESUN 1000)

Enductor FR: Running NP Biopellet (FEEDER PUMP: AQUABEE 1000)

Chaeto in sump

~ Watching my tank matures and progressing day by day , gives me great satisfactory

Cheers!