angmoh's 2ft REEF REEF tank

angmoh

I see u planning on the fish list. Going to have lots of fishes soon. Lol

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

I see u planning on the fish list. Going to have lots of fishes soon. Lol

in fact i'm planning to stock corals first then follow by fish...

fish probably will come in another 1-2 months time :P meanwhile, will start sourcing for corals.. muhahahaha

>>

Yeah corals can tahan through the cycling period and help ease ur wait for cycle to complete! Good timing to get corals now!alot of LFS having national day sales!

Follow Alex's Reefing Journey @ 

• SRC Member

wow, time flies... it's been almost 6 weeks since I cycle my tank... Haven't got any test kits to test the parameters, but i guess the tank is more or less cycled.

Have to disappoint you guys. My tank still looks empty and I have not added any fish yet. However added couple of corals (Torch and Rics) to test the water. So far all are doing fine. Some cleaning crews were added as well. Like blue-leg hermit, marble starfish. All still survive.

Here's there recent tank shot.

null_zpsb233199f.jpg

>>

• SRC Member

I treat the tap water (for water topup) with rowaphos. Initially rowa media was placed in a filter bag. Have been thinking how to maximize the water contact/flow through the media without running a reactor (no $$$ and due to space constraint)..

Finally, I figured this which I think will be equally effective..

null_zps2edbf769.jpg

>>

wow, time flies... it's been almost 6 weeks since I cycle my tank... Haven't got any test kits to test the parameters, but i guess the tank is more or less cycled.

Have to disappoint you guys. My tank still looks empty and I have not added any fish yet. However added couple of corals (Torch and Rics) to test the water. So far all are doing fine. Some cleaning crews were added as well. Like blue-leg hermit, marble starfish. All still survive.

Here's there recent tank shot.

null_zpsb233199f.jpg

Nothing to disappoint bro!! Slow and steady =)

I treat the tap water (for water topup) with rowaphos. Initially rowa media was placed in a filter bag. Have been thinking how to maximize the water contact/flow through the media without running a reactor (no $$$ and due to space constraint)..

Finally, I figured this which I think will be equally effective..

null_zps2edbf769.jpg

Bro not to burst your bubble here.

You're wasting your rowa.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Bro MarcoVan, why say so? Pls enlighten. Thanks

Freshwater contains levels of dissolved solids. Phosphate and silicates are dissolved solids but there are other dissolved solids which are inside the water where rowa has no effect on. Dosing such water into tank will still promote algae growth and end up you don't move forward but backward. Kind of like 1 step forward 2 steps back..Rowa ain't cheap too.

You are better off saving up and get a rodi.

I can be wrong because the water used may already be rodi. If it's rodi, why still use rowa? That's still wasting money.

Hope these help.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

bro why not get the di raisin? put in filter bag and 1 carbon bag place in front of wave maker like you did. 24 hour can should be able to bring tds down to less than 4. only problem is how you are going to shield the raisin from light. maybe a black box with hole? idk

• SRC Member

RBTA is one of my "must-have" inverts... hehe. Grabbed a nice piece from The Fish Channel. Although a bit pricey, i'm willing to pay for the price for it :)

It's settling down at the perfect location which i want it to be since day 1 (3 days ago). Hopefully it's not going to move around.

null_zpsdfb48a9f.jpg

>>

• SRC Supporter

Any kind bro here can borrow me your TDS meter? just need a single test to know what's the TDS level from my tap water. in CCK/Teck Whye area preferred.

I can lend u the tds meter as well if u need. I stay cck

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

RBTA is one of my "must-have" inverts... hehe. Grabbed a nice piece from The Fish Channel. Although a bit pricey, i'm willing to pay for the price for it :) It's settling down at the perfect location which i want it to be since day 1 (3 days ago). Hopefully it's not going to move around. null_zpsdfb48a9f.jpg
This is one deep red rbta! Nice!

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

RBTA is one of my "must-have" inverts... hehe. Grabbed a nice piece from The Fish Channel. Although a bit pricey, i'm willing to pay for the price for it :) It's settling down at the perfect location which i want it to be since day 1 (3 days ago). Hopefully it's not going to move around. null_zpsdfb48a9f.jpg
How much u brought it? Nice!!

• SRC Member

got a pair of onyx clowns today.. hopefully they will host in this rbta. According to Coral Farm, these clowns are wild-caught.

Nice and stable fish. The moment i released them into the tank, already chasing for the pellets.

>>