HELP PLS,my fish are dying out.

any one know what is this white skinning thing attached on my clown fish is,it had been killing all my fish one at a time each.One day it ok,and than the next day white pale skin seem to be peeling off for the fish body and it's seem irritating the fish very much and the fish is even struggling to swim probably,and in less than one day my fish jus die.any one can identify what the cause and anyway to deal with the crsis here?below is the pic of my fish.

I think it's marine velvet and can use copper as treatment. Btw there's no pic attached in ur post.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

I think this is the Brooklynella Diagnosis. Do you have a quarantine tank? The last time my clown had this, I gave them medication which helped but most corals and inverts can't take it....

2 Feet Tank: (Decom Feb 2015)
-Lightings : Pharos LED light 90W with wireless controller
-Chiller : Arctica 1/10HP with H2Ocean Flow Pump 2000

-Wavemaker : Vortech MP10ES
-Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC 3.5

-Return Pump : Eheim Compact 3000
-Reactor – TLF150 (Mod) with NP Biopellet
-Reactor – TLF150 with Rowaphos

Hehe, my clown juz die, juz added to my list of casualties

from this outbreak is my at, pt, yt,fa,purplemoon a, n clownfclownfish.very heart pain.i m now left with a yt, bt, a clownfish , n a few damsel..boooboooobooo..

• SRC Member

Look like Brook to me.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Yes interpet7 very effective against brook even just bath the fish in a pail for 24hrs all brook gone and fish back to normal condition start feeding back but kenot put back to the same tank cause brook will come back after 2~3days so u still need a QT ... Formalin not easy to use me have no success with formalin ... brook not oni happen to clown fish but oso will spread to angel and tang ...

• SRC Member

If you discover ur fish at early stage it will be easy to cure them. Normally i use a freshwater bath at 5 mins n use a qt tank.

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

U might wanna consider QT your fishes in the future. Because as long as one get into your tank, it will affect everyone

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10