Blacklisted LFS

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Wong LOI KEE ....( the one in CHinatown ) ..... really sad to see the fishes and sometimes coral in the shop .... REALLY BAD SHAPE !!! :angry::angry::angry:

Also saw that they have 2 display tank ( crap :pinch: ) and best of all .... they even have a sticker that says NOT FOR SALE !!!

dunno who want to buy stuff fm them !!!

• SRC Member

opps,tink shld b Bukit Timah Shopping Centre,not plaza.

I tink they onli frenly to "big fishes" onli,e aunty alwei smiling when i go there to get fish/anemone wif my parents everytime,and chat to my parents ONLI ,toking abt some unknown marine fish "facts" to them. e uncle taught me use UGF,wat e #$&!@#~!

after joining SRC,now i relise they over-charge me for everytin,my tank,fish and so call "technique of fish rearing" etc etc

:angry:

but they do hv some nice fishes over there~

• SRC Member

bt timah can survive that long , cos is surrounded by rich estates ... i dun think they have regular customer. cos i always saw the "AUNTY"teach newbiz how to use UGF.

got 20 yrs experience.. but their displace tank fishes always die ... no even worst .. got fake corals. whatz next? floating fish?

• SRC Member

tt bukit timah used to sell fresh-water fish wan,like goldfish etc etc for veri veri long,since i was a small kid.(Me live ard tt area so i knew it).

dunno when it start selling marine fish,i knew it juz for 1 or 2 yrs old,think they hv experiance for fresh water but dun think so for salt water~ :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

I would like to defend Rainbow for once, and its my own experience. While I agree most of their stuff is overpriced, I did however, bot my cabinet for my 2.5 ft tank from them at only $270. Custom made. I went many places and couldnt find it cheaper. 1 particular shop even quoted me $400! :o

So they do have their good points!

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

• SRC Member
tt bukit timah used to sell fresh-water fish wan,like goldfish etc etc for veri veri long,since i was a small kid.(Me live ard tt area so i knew it).

dunno when it start selling marine fish,i knew it juz for 1 or 2 yrs old,think they hv experiance for fresh water but dun think so for salt water~ :rolleyes:

I've spoke with the auntie b4 and she's so proud to say that she have been in marine for 20 years..... live stock wise, i recommend that you should know the market price b4 going there... after all in the west, there's only marine life and this shop... can buy their seachem pdrts also, coz the auntie dun even know what she's selling~!!! hahaha... :lol::lol:

ANYWAY THEIR ATTITUDE SUX :nuke:

• SRC Member

Well, other than Hong Leong, I've never been to an LFS that gives good service and advice. <_< I just blacklisted SeaLife yesterday due to their crappy story about how their coral sand is more expensive cos its cleaner.

But I must admit, their livestock is quite good.

• SRC Member

LCK that fat, almost bald guy? Yahyah!!! He's loud and rude and very insulting when you ask questions! :angry: The skinny old man and the young guy are total opposites. Very nice and patient. I actually stayed there for a good 45 mins chatting with the young guy... and the skinny old man joins in from time to time...

Sam's kid? The "######" girl? She's friendly... she so funny... she laughs and tells the other uncle she's so embarassed when I asked a question she could not answer... :D

Actually, thinking about it, Rainbow has some things that are ok priced. Their test kits are quite ok.

• SRC Member
I would like to defend Rainbow for once, and its my own experience. While I agree most of their stuff is overpriced, I did however, bot my cabinet for my 2.5 ft tank from them at only $270. Custom made. I went many places and couldnt find it cheaper. 1 particular shop even quoted me $400! :o

So they do have their good points!

Not unless you got their discount card. Even then it is still much expensive after discount.

• SRC Member

yazid: i dont have discount card at rainbow... :)

i tot they were ex too...so I had a nice surprise when they quoted me a good price. And I must say the cabinet is up to standard...

U may be surprised, but they do give good service. My air pump which I bot from them was faulty after a week, and I brought it back to them and asked for a replacement. They didnt have any stock then, so they gave me my money back. IMO, they are not the worst of the lot :fear:

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

• SRC Member

i think at this season, the best place in town to get good LR is rai#b#w . cos. their LR is 101% cure. :evil:

SoSOSO exp. that the LR stay in the tank for don't know how long????? even my grandson ( another 50years) got the chance to see them. %^(**&&%$##@$^& who will buy????? :snore::cry::( a ya.