Sengkang or Punggol better?

flubberina13

• SRC Member

me need for feedback for both too ehhehee.....will be gettin 3rd quart tis yr.....so all punggol n sengkang reefer pls debate..... :whistle:whistle:whistle

intend to get punggol exec esp the blk facing TPE....but the masterbdrm....makes me tinkin twice.... :(:(:(

• SRC Member

Nowadays, new flats have the standard floor area. 4rms is 80-95sqm, 5rms is 105-115sqm and EA is 125-135sqm. If you one the biggest, I think Sengkang still have some EA available. As for empty EA in Punggol, they are meant for Malay, Indian and Other races, no more vacancy for Chinese.

• SRC Member

maybe i can give u some advice

4 room flat = 92m2 to 95m2

5 room flat = 114m2 to 126m2

transport

punggol= least transportaion , near to highway better to have own transport

sengkang= lots of traffic light, transportation a little better than punggol

sengkang west= near to cte and pie much better traffic

food

punggol= pple there tend to go to sengkang to find food

sengkang= okie still better to have own transport

sengkang west= pple tend to go to yio chu kang or serangoon for makan

me waiting for walk in selection in toa payoh..... looking at 5 room flat...... anyone has a rough guide how much that costs????

anyhoo, benz... place rocks....... esp his 6 footer!!!

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

Hi all,

I move into a 5 room HDB Buangkok Crescent 6 months ago which is relatively near to Seng Kang, Punggol and Hougang.

The reason why I chose here over SengKang and Punggol is that it is near to AMK and CTE as compared to Punggol or SengKang.

Floor area is almost the same now and you will pay much more for a 5room and executive. If you calculate the price based on per sq metre, 4 room will look much more attractive.

I kind of regret going for 5rm given that the flat is only occupied by me and my wife.

Cost of flat in Seng Kang and Punggol is about the same but you have to pay a 10% premium if you live in Buangok Crescent.

SengKang looks to be the most convenient in terms of public transport and makan places as compared to Punggol or Buangkok.

Flat options however is very limited now in SengKang and possibly Buangkok. So if you are particular about unit and where it face etc, Punggol might be the only option left.

It is a big investment so think wiseful before you commit.

Hope this helps. :)

• SRC Member

well for Punggol i know that side dont have scv cable...

which what my aunt complain about.. got money also cant get scv to watch or surf net using cable...

I dont know it apply to all the Punggol area or not..

me now living in sengkang.. so far so gd.. dont find any problem.. going to west e.g. cliemeti just take train or bus 156 will reach in 45min... or go horbour front even faster 30 to 40 min...

bus quite alot there for sengkeng.. and with north east line it alot more easier.. only thing is that if you want to go to east side e.g. ubi very far even sengkeng at north east side..

from sengkeng go TP or paris very easy.. next time want to go airport also very fast... :lol:

Bro,

By lecher I dont actually mean anything. I believe most if not all man are lechers. It is just how to what level.

I was a lecher as well before I got married, After I got married I simply admire and keep my hands and mouth off. Gone are the hunting days. Lost my antena now so no radar signal.

Apologies of my wording. I am here to make friends and dont want any enemies. :(:(

Just a joke and hope that all will take it in good stride.

• SRC Member

Dont think it's just more attention. how bout all attention?? ke ke ke....

I live in sengkang also. 5rm. Floor area is 116m2. jus 5min walk or 1 bus stop or 1 LRT stop from Compassvale/NEL/interchange. Punggol think it will depends. cos the layout of the town is a little wierd. The interchange is located in the middle of no where at the extreme end of the town. so walking there is out of the question since there is no flat near the interchange.

Not sure what it will be like in the future. But there could be very far away coz they already slowed down the building of flats there drastically.

Public transportation is a problem as very few buses, LRT not running and the MRT is at the interchange. So you can find lotsa puggol people in sengkang switching buses, shopping and finding food. There are 2 places to eat in punggol that I know of, a 24hr kopitiam and a food court beside HDB flats. a eco-minimaket and some shop.

For sengkang, most of the infrastructure is already there. got 2 malls, 1 HDB shopping centre, a wetmarket, 4-5 foodcourts, 4-5 kopitiam.

Public transport is better in sengkang now. But if you drive then that wont be a prob as both would be ok liaoz. :D

Woh 116 Sqm. Mine only 110 as well in Buangkok. Payed approx 20K more as compared to the ones in Seng Kang.

Didnt have many choices left in Seng Kang when it was my turn to choose so I opted elsewhere which is nearer to CTE.

For me it is important to find place where you will be able to get daily neccesity easily. Otherwise it will be a chore even if you have your personal transportation.

For me, shop and save and some other shops and coffee shop is within 2mins walk.

Cleaning of the house might be another concern if you dont have a maid. My wife prefers more privacy so we dont have one and end up having to do everything ourselves during the weekend.