My little nano tank, 42Lx42Wx45H

kohanson

My tank is finally here yesterday! Was so excited yesterday and setup the tank, added normal reef sand bought from Iwarna, LR from ah beng till around 6pm. Decided to use the salt mix that I bought from the shop beside ah beng before switching over to Red Sea coral pro. The Jebao Wp25 works fine at w1 S3 with no sand flying around! Went to Madpetz in the noon to buy filter sock, filter holder and a pipe reducer to accomodate my eheim pump which has a smaller head.The BM Curve 5 was pulling out some dirty brown stuff and I decided to wash the cap this morning. Now, I am waiting for Vincent from aquarium artist to extend the drain pipe as it is hanging about 1 ft from the water and the water are splashing around the cabinet. To solve this, I cut a piece of plastic board and cover the top temporary. I will also be adding in tank water from my current tank into the new tank to seed its cycling process. I have also placed in LR from my current tank, and sime biohomme into the sump. I still have alot of rowaphos but not sure how I am going to use it as there is not much space left..

Tank: 3.5ft x 2ft x 1.5ft, 12mm

Sump: 3ft

Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 7

Lightings: Maxspect 15000k

Return Pump: Eheim 1252

Wavemaker: Jebao WP25, Jebao RW-8

Cant seem to upload photos, guess it is not compatible with iphone. Btw, I have also gotten Delightings to assist me to modify 2 stands for my tank as the current nano stand is bending when i stretch the lights to the center.

Managed to upload via photobucket. My 3 tanks! Haha, will decommission the small tank which was started back in end May this year. Half of the rocks were shifted into the new tank.

C5F65A85-B805-4E59-8507-1D154E14D8DD.jpg

8A813F5F-74E0-4819-8A2B-06D5A358DA07.jpg

F388B5D0-C790-4E3F-9B5F-F8D7191D7FEC.jpg

i think you can start planning your list of livestock during this cycling period

!

Looking good ! my CFO will kill me if i have 3 tanks !

• Like 1

[DECOMMEND]

Tank : 24" x 12" x 15" Acrylic Gex Tank

Lightings : Maxspect Razor 120W , Maxspect G2 160W ( Sold )
Skimmer : Red Sea Prizm
Dosing : Brightwell Aquatics Microbacter7,
Brightwell Aquatics Biofuel, Florida Aqua Farms It's Clear,

Florida Aqua Farms Coralline Stimulator.

Wavemaker : Tunze Nanostream 6015

i think you can start planning your list of livestock during this cycling period

!

Looking good ! my CFO will kill me if i have 3 tanks !

I got 3 tanks also, 1 at office, 1 at living room, 1 at kitchen. My CFO will not kill me because I'm not using her $, our $ and not asking her to help me clean/WC the tanks. But I ever think of setting up 4 marine tanks and interlink to the same sump with skimmer and chiller...

I got 3 tanks also, 1 at office, 1 at living room, 1 at kitchen. My CFO will not kill me because I'm not using her $, our $ and not asking her to help me clean/WC the tanks. But I ever think of setting up 4 marine tanks and interlink to the same sump with skimmer and chiller...

That will be a huge project and planning !

[DECOMMEND]

Tank : 24" x 12" x 15" Acrylic Gex Tank

Lightings : Maxspect Razor 120W , Maxspect G2 160W ( Sold )
Skimmer : Red Sea Prizm
Dosing : Brightwell Aquatics Microbacter7,
Brightwell Aquatics Biofuel, Florida Aqua Farms It's Clear,

Florida Aqua Farms Coralline Stimulator.

Wavemaker : Tunze Nanostream 6015

i think you can start planning your list of livestock during this cycling period ! Looking good ! my CFO will kill me if i have 3 tanks !
Haha, the small tank will be removed one the bigger one has finish cycling.
Nice tank, what return pump are you using?
I am using eheim universal 1250, 1200l/hr.
Lucky my CFO approves this tank. I told her usually when people come to my house, they will look at my marine tank. So we decided to upgrade to a proper tank with skimmer.

i think you can start planning your list of livestock during this cycling period ! Looking good ! my CFO will kill me if i have 3 tanks !
I am thinking of adding 2 true percula clowns to the tank. Already have a cleaner shrimp and 4 turbo snails in the other tank. Will be adding more LR probably this weekend.

Thanks! Yea, go for it. You will be able to custom to the size that you need. I go for the largest possible size to flush with my wall and the largest sump that can fit my cabinet to have max water volume.

Nice tank setup.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Nice tank setup.
Thanks bro. My sump cabinet have condesation issue after closing. Anyone knows how to solve that? I suspect there is not much air movement within the bottom sump area and will be adding a fan for air circulation. I will also be modifying the sump this weekend with Vincent as the 2nd compartment, which is the skimmer section has stagnant water at the surface. The likely reason is because the water flow is > 1st Bottom, 2nd bottom, 3rd top, to return compartment.

Some updates:

post-19138-0-73292600-1385905066_thumb.j

I have custom made 2 Razor Nano stand with DeLightings to hold the lights as they are bending because I need to stretch the lights to the center.

I have also added all the LR, tank water and less than 5% of my old live sand to the new tank. All corals were shifted in and some of the zoas are slowly recovering. The GSP open up nicely! And within 3 hours, my 2 turbo snail started spawning! Below is the video of one of the snail releasing eggs or sperm.. Initially I thought my pump was pumping in dirt, haha.

http://youtu.be/A7IUgxuv7HQ

I have also added 1 ANS cooling fan 3000 to the top of my tank to cool down the tank. Current temperature at 28 degrees constant, similar to my previous tank. It seems like the condensation in my sump cabinet has stopped as it was at 30 degrees before I added the fan. I have also remove the divider within the sump to allow more air to escape from the back.

Thanks Aquareefer. I am thinking of adding a pair of true percular clowns. What other fish or invertebrates would you all recommend? I will not be buying yellow tail damsel and bicolour dottyback as they gave me hell in my previous tank and caused an ich outbreak. The bicolour dottyback basically nips every fish that gets near its rock and stress out every fish.

My Royal Gramma did the same when introduced into the tank, it chase away everything...even the hammer coral when it swing close to it. I got angry and used a stick to chase it away and it decide to jump out of the tank that night. :(

I am planning to add a Tail Spot Blenny next as it's suppose to be slightly less territorial and reef safe.

My Royal Gramma did the same when introduced into the tank, it chase away everything...even the hammer coral when it swing close to it. I got angry and used a stick to chase it away and it decide to jump out of the tank that night. :(I am planning to add a Tail Spot Blenny next as it's suppose to be slightly less territorial and reef safe.
I didn't know the royal gramma is as aggressive as the dottyback! Think I will not be getting them anymore.
Add a cover to your tank. Clown fish will jump which i had encounter.
Hmm, ok I will consider that.

Some updates on my tank:

post-19138-0-02522700-1386168550_thumb.j

Skimmer has skim very dark brown since Saturday when I last cleared the cup.

I have also cut out a piece of board and placed at an angle to prevent salt spray from the drain pipe. The water which lands on the bottom of the board will drip back into the sump with the angle.

post-19138-0-73726300-1386168784_thumb.j

I have also placed LR, biohome and rowaphos (in stockings) from my previous tank. Temperature is constant at 28 degrees with cooling fan.

• 2 weeks later...

Some updates on my tank. Went to buy quite a number of corals for my tank over the weekend!

post-19138-0-02452700-1387202008_thumb.j

Bought the collectors combo 20, 8 sps and 12 zoas, 1 additional golden clove and 1 purple queen zoas from Cedric! Thanks for the beautiful and healthy zoas and it was an eye opener at his house! I also bought Chalice, 2 acans, 1 favia and 1 bird nest colony at MASS frag sale. Was lucky to have gotten 2nd prize, thanks to the sponsor Reef Depot! And lastly, an Aussie acan from Iwarna frag room.

Temperature: 28degrees

KH: 8.6 with salifert

Food: NLS Thera +A, Cyclopeeze, Oyster Feast, Polyplab Polyp booster, Frozen Brine and Mysis shrimp.

• Like 1