PRICE $$

• SRC Member

Hi:

i have just bought a 3" yellow tang for S$20. Is this the best price in town? :erm:

Can we share the price information in all type of marine creatures and the hobby accessories?

This idea of sharing information will be extremly useful for those who started the new hobby , just like me. est.

Livestock prices vary according to the locations they were harvested from... some places are more pristine and so the quality of livestock is better. Some are net caught... so they cost more.

Cheaper livestock from Phillipines and Indonesia are notorious for being cheaper but guaranteed to die quickly or in the short term as they are mostly caught using cyanide or dynamite-stunned.

• SRC Member

I think all the yellow tang in Singapore is from Hawaii where it is net caught. The greenish yellow ones are called olive tangs from Philipine.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Well, some will offer you real reasons while others simple excuses etc. Some out to "kotok". Was quoted S$30 for a red "prata" at T95 and finally bought one at LCK110 for S$12. Now kinda stopped going to T95 for now unless no choice. Don't mind paying a few dollars more but x 2, too much!

• SRC Member

Hiya may i ask how is the prices for this shop call hong leong cos i am staying at boon lay :(

i just need to buy some items like sand maybe grad 1 or finer and those test kits :)

is there digital test kits for Ph & salinity

may i ask what are all the test kits i need to buy

and LRs :)

thank you

vivien :bow:

• SRC Member

Just went dwn there today. Not bad, gd customer service at Hong Leong but things abit pricey.

They do not have any #01 sand there, but can ask Henry to bring in.

U will need pH, PO4, NH4, NO2 & NO3 test kit. CA, dkH test kit later when u start keeping corals.

pH meter at ard $50-70.

refractometer ard $250-500. Depend if it has automatic temp compensation.

I would say there are places that do sell cheaper than hong leong at the east side(Petmart), but consider the trip dwn & etc, u might as well get from there.

I will be going dwn again next wk to get pytoplankton, can meet up if u want.

Wei B)

• SRC Member
Just went dwn there today. Not bad, gd customer service at Hong Leong but things abit pricey.

They do not have any #01 sand there, but can ask Henry to bring in.

U will need pH, PO4, NH4, NO2 & NO3 test kit. CA, dkH test kit later when u start keeping corals.

pH meter at ard $50-70.

refractometer ard $250-500. Depend if it has automatic temp compensation.

I would say there are places that do sell cheaper than hong leong at the east side(Petmart), but consider the trip dwn & etc, u might as well get from there.

I will be going dwn again next wk to get pytoplankton, can meet up if u want.

Wei B)

Ahem....... :eyebrow:

dino07.gif

• SRC Member

Hong Leong's stuff are usually quite reasonably priced. The stock they have now is a bit highly priced (like $12 for a cleaner shrimp, $18 for a fire shrimp). :pinch: hats cos the stock are all direct from Sri Lanka.

Apparently the Sri Lankan stocks are better (colour and health :huh: )... I was there on Fri when their stocks came in... and again today. But when I was there today, more than 2 thirds of the stock were already sold! It shows how much the regulars of Marine Life appreciate the stock... must say something about it right?

I was convinced. I invested in a pair of cleaner shrimps cos the previous one I had died during my tank transfer and a cool blue eyed anthias! Its a beauty!

post-6-1043604626.jpg

• SRC Member

hehehehe... :lol::lol::lol::whistle:whistle:whistle ... u guys might be thinking too much into it already... :lol::lol::lol:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

:nuke::nuke::nuke: danger!danger! :nuke::nuke::nuke:

Sorry guys, vivien aka woonming visited my reef last week already! :eyebrow::P

Acrylic Aquarium Filtering Systems

Acrylic tanks, sumps, protein skimmers, overflow box, refugium, calcium reactors, zeovit reactors and many more...

Our New Address:

Blk 9003, Tampines St. 93,

Tampines Industrial Park A,

#03-134, Singapore 528837

(Located behind Tampines SAFRA)

Contact Nos.

(Tel) +65 9298 9489

(Fax) +65 6588 4711

Please direct your...

Email me : info@iaquatic.com

*Please do not send PM's to us. Thank you

Hong Leong's stuff are usually quite reasonably priced. The stock they have now is a bit highly priced (like $12 for a cleaner shrimp, $18 for a fire shrimp). hats cos the stock are all direct from Sri Lanka.

Hendry quoted u $12 for CS huh??:huh: He quoted me $14 leh.... So unfair... :(:(:(

• SRC Member

i'm expecting report from woonming regarding Ian tank. wat u expecting evil dodo ??? :evil:

gotcha! :lol:

You gotta ask woonming? :D

Acrylic Aquarium Filtering Systems

Acrylic tanks, sumps, protein skimmers, overflow box, refugium, calcium reactors, zeovit reactors and many more...

Our New Address:

Blk 9003, Tampines St. 93,

Tampines Industrial Park A,

#03-134, Singapore 528837

(Located behind Tampines SAFRA)

Contact Nos.

(Tel) +65 9298 9489

(Fax) +65 6588 4711

Please direct your...

Email me : info@iaquatic.com

*Please do not send PM's to us. Thank you

• SRC Member

wah lau.. u guys sure know how to twist the question.. winners... i take my hat of u guys.. :bow:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Geez Sorry for the confusion :eyeblur:

Me and my sister is sharing this place thus we will leave names below to state who left the msg . i think i should get her to register a new nick.

As for ian tank !

1 word WOW :yeah::D

It was a FW plant tank but he change it into a Marine tank . Was a 4 feet tank with 2x MH light and basic stuff like chiller , skimmer , sump ... etc

Much of this stuff is DIY and the best part it dont look like a DIY product *he should make more i am sure people will buy*

But as what he told me he just got it runnning and have not really decided to stock it up to the max yet . Last i saw was 4 blue tangs and a madrin fish

But he is sure nice and patient to explain stuff and show a feeding session *thumb up* :peace:

WOonming

:bow::eyebrow: