Sudden disappearance syndrome ?!

• SRC Member

Got a fat and healthy exquisite wrasse swimming happily and eating greedily for 2 weeks then just 2 days ago totally out of sight ... I think like that probably returned to Pacific Ocean liao... Wonder why this happens ? This is the 3rd healthy fish disappearance ... Water condition is tip top leh :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

1 small hairy crab which I doubt can defeat a 2-3 inch wrasse... Maybe wrong

• SRC Member

My tank top is bordered by 8 inch acrylic all round, don't think the jumper can scald 8 inches but if really then I think it really deserved the reward !

You will not noticed how many crabs you have unless you camp outside your tank to investigate.

My experience is big hairy crab does exist and they are really nuisance. collapsing my scaping, take away my Blue Tang etc...

Anyway, hope yours is just hibernating....Good luck

• 1 month later...

I also encounter same disappearance of my 5inch naso tang. After 10years in my 4ft tank, I noticed it wasn't eating well one day. Before that it was the pig of the tank. 4 days later I can't find it in main tank or overflow or sump tank or floor. The funny thing is I can't even find its skeleton. Water parameters was also ok.

• SRC Member
My current 4ft tank started in 2002. Been using algae scrubber like tat of santa monica since 2009 n been super stable. Before tat its a 3footer from 1999 to 2002. Most fishes were transferred from old tank.
wish you good luck can be achieve with care :)