Weekly Shipment Update: 30 Jun - 6 Jul 2014

• SRC Member

Slayer bro, did you see the deep sea toadstool leather corals at Iwarna? Waiting for its photo :P

Regards,
Jeff

Aquarium: 48" x 18" x 24" tank with 24" x 15" x 15" sump (approx. 150 gallons)
Equipment: Maxspect Razor 320W, Vortech MP40, Vertex Omega 180i, Eheim 1262 return pump, Hailea HS 66A, Bacteria King
Fish and coral food: Henry's Reefgourmet pellets, Preis coral energizer, Kent Marine PhytoPlex, Brightwell Reef Snow, Two-Little Fishies Marine Snow
Dosage: Triton Elements

IMG_0562small.jpg

• SRC Member

Aquarist Chamber. Some small size watanabei angels. Possum wrasse.

Regards,
Jeff

Equipment: Maxspect Razor 320W, Vortech MP40, Vertex Omega 180i, Eheim 1262 return pump, Hailea HS 66A, Bacteria King
Fish and coral food: Henry's Reefgourmet pellets, Preis coral energizer, Kent Marine PhytoPlex, Brightwell Reef Snow, Two-Little Fishies Marine Snow

IMG_0562small.jpg

Slayer bro, did you see the deep sea toadstool leather corals at Iwarna? Waiting for its photo :P

Yes bro, i have posted the pics... here it is...

Posted Image

Buy fish that excite YOU, and respect others' passions.

Yes, we know, there's a cheaper and prettier fish than the one were talking about. - John Coppolino

The photo was taken 3mins into the tank... so the polyps are still retracted... shld b looking ultra greenly awesome by now!

Yes, we know, there's a cheaper and prettier fish than the one were talking about. - John Coppolino

• SRC Member
The photo was taken 3mins into the tank... so the polyps are still retracted... shld b looking ultra greenly awesome by now!
Thanks. I saw that photo but thought are not the deep sea ones since bro fuel mentioned about 3 pieces I recall. Thanks!

Regards,
Jeff

IMG_0562small.jpg

Thank You!

Here is picture of the last 2pcs. Very yellow heads.

Japanese toadstools are harvested from the wild, polyps will slowly become greener in captivity under more blue or actinic lighting. Price is $200 and above, with larger pieces costing more. Seems expensive but price has dropped, I used to get them for $500 from Hongkong for 2.5inch specimen.

post-664-0-16742800-1404548428_thumb.jpg

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Anyone seen very small Hawaiian Yellow Tang? Thanks

Just curious, why would you want a very small tang? I'm hoping it's not to fit into a small setup. These guys grow big and it wouldn't be fair to the fish. I could be wrong though..

One of the reason is the sense of achievement you get watching your small fish grow into an adult... Moreover, juveniles tends to accept commercial fishfood more readily than adult since they haven been exposed much to their natural food... there could b many other reasons, sometimes its not always about tank sizes...

• SRC Member

One of the reason is the sense of achievement you get watching your small fish grow into an adult... Moreover, juveniles tends to accept commercial fishfood more readily than adult since they haven been exposed much to their natural food... there could b many other reasons, sometimes its not always about tank sizes...

Right on bro slayer213, it's like seeing frags grow. When they outgrow the house we will know what to do :)

• SRC Member

Situation: I was there during Sat to see see look look.

Went to the area that holds Flame Angels.

Found out that one of Flame Angel manage to 'escape' or 'jump' over to another tank.

Now the tank holds a pair of Flame Angels.

I don't see them fighting.

Those interested in Pair may wanna give it a shot. No Guarantee.

All the best.