Coralline Algae Stimulator

terryansimon

• SRC Member

no.. its liquid.. can see the physical thing at Reborn..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

he is talking about coralline algae....the pink/red/purplish algae on the rocks and every damn thing else it can grow on.

Dosing with kalkwasser has the same growth effects. You don't need expensive water to make it grow.

If you really want it badly, get some scrapped coralline from some reefer's tank and pour into your tank to seed the growth.

Adding strontium will boost it artificially too but in my opinion its totally a waste of money to do that. Kalk and time is all it needs.

• SRC Member

I started using it in dec 03....and still using it ,although i never followed the dosing regime- just dosed as and when i remembered like once a month :P

i get coralline growing in rosets and plating form and all sorts of weird algae growth but could be due to Kalk dosing and the flow of a stream.

i've seen the same growth amounts in system that don't use it , but with ample or elevated calcium levels and flowrates.This would be the key ;)

i don't use any additives apart from this (on occasions)and salifert amino acids(once weekly).

i do order from Florida Farms on a regular basis,& sometimes i try out other items just out of curiosity...and this was one of them.

Coralline Stimulator™ is a complete, soluble, stable source of supplemental trace metals and essential vitamins. Principally formulated for enhancing growth and all colors of corals and other invertebrates. Stimulates zooxanthellae growth (microalgae) found in invertebrate tissues such as corals, anemones and clams. Use in conjunction with reef formers solutions of calcium hydroxide. This exact formula has been used by researchers at Florida Aqua Farms Inc. for over 20 years. Primary nutrients, nitrate and phosphate, are eliminated in Coralline Stimulator since it is intended for use in aquaria that have established populations of fish and/or invertebrates that are routinely fed. Coralline Stimulator is enriched with chelated iron, iodide, strontium chloride and other essential trace metals and vitamins including B12, biotin, thiamin and others. Use 1 drop/gallon 1 or 2 times a week.

he is talking about coralline algae....the pink/red/purplish algae on the rocks and every damn thing else it can grow on.

Dosing with kalkwasser has the same growth effects. You don't need expensive water to make it grow.

If you really want it badly, get some scrapped coralline from some reefer's tank and pour into your tank to seed the growth.

Adding strontium will boost it artificially too but in my opinion its totally a waste of money to do that. Kalk and time is all it needs.

Dear Cookiemunster

I started experiencing rapid growth after dosing Aragonite milk. Was wondering whether have you tried it before cuz might be considering switching to Le Kalk if all figures works out fine (Cheaper). Would appreciate your honest opinion.

Dear Woonming, care to comment too?

:thanks::bow::bow::bow:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

I started using it in dec 03....and still using it ,although i never followed the dosing regime- just dosed as and when i remembered like once a month :P

i get coralline growing in rosets and plating form and all sorts of weird algae growth but could be due to Kalk dosing and the flow of a stream.

i've seen the same growth amounts in system that don't use it , but with ample or elevated calcium levels and flowrates.This would be the key ;)

i don't use any additives apart from this (on occasions)and salifert amino acids(once weekly).

i do order from Florida Farms on a regular basis,& sometimes i try out other items just out of curiosity...and this was one of them.

Coralline Stimulator™ is a complete, soluble, stable source of supplemental trace metals and essential vitamins. Principally formulated for enhancing growth and all colors of corals and other invertebrates. Stimulates zooxanthellae growth (microalgae) found in invertebrate tissues such as corals, anemones and clams. Use in conjunction with reef formers solutions of calcium hydroxide. This exact formula has been used by researchers at Florida Aqua Farms Inc. for over 20 years. Primary nutrients, nitrate and phosphate, are eliminated in Coralline Stimulator since it is intended for use in aquaria that have established populations of fish and/or invertebrates that are routinely fed. Coralline Stimulator is enriched with chelated iron, iodide, strontium chloride and other essential trace metals and vitamins including B12, biotin, thiamin and others. Use 1 drop/gallon 1 or 2 times a week.

THANKS bawater so you mean there is no overdose or any underdose? Just dose it when and anytime you like... thanks anyway :peace:

• SRC Member
no prob bro, I wasn't saying it meant anything. I'm not so sensitive. I'm worse. hahaha nah just kidding. Relax...no worries.

:eyebrow:;)

yah...he's worse!!! :evil::evil::fear::ph34r:

:lol::lol::lol:

Oops...someone's coming after my hide... :P

• SRC Member

Dear Cookiemunster

I started experiencing rapid growth after dosing Aragonite milk. Was wondering whether have you tried it before cuz might be considering switching to Le Kalk if all figures works out fine (Cheaper). Would appreciate your honest opinion.

Dear Woonming, care to comment too?

:thanks::bow::bow::bow:

I never tried aragonite milk.

But in my opinion and personal experience, kalkwasser works well for me and many others (AT, morgan, rumor and lots more). We get tons of coralline growth (more than we like) and we dun need to spend tons of money to get it.

So I guess the decision is quite obvious.

However, adding some kind of calcium additive is always better than not adding any kind of calcium additive at all.

I never tried aragonite milk.

But in my opinion and personal experience, kalkwasser works well for me and many others (AT, morgan, rumor and lots more). We get tons of coralline growth (more than we like) and we dun need to spend tons of money to get it.

So I guess the decision is quite obvious.

However, adding some kind of calcium additive is always better than not adding any kind of calcium additive at all.

Thanks bro. will look into Kalkwasser once I run out of Aragonite Milk.

:D

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381