My "For the next 10 years" tank

YHS

Wow! absolutely stunning aquascape. Im really impressed by the type of live rock u manage to get, seems very porous with great size and shape. Keep the photos coming!

i bought rocks from a seller who has a lot of rocks selection. bought plenty of rocks, still have plenty unused. im planning to store them for future use

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

bro, u really take sea water directly ar?? got filter 1st anot??

actually, its kinda normal for nsw here in my place to get so dirty. i do filter them with filter socks, but i think they didnt help that much. but not a problem,since it only take 4 hours for the water to be cleared into crystal clear by my filtration system. beckett skimmer is amazing!

• SRC Member

Amazing skimmer. Too bad it is not available here in Singapore

i think there are such skimmer in sg. But not the brand which TS is using. Cos i ever came across big skimmer like what TS is using. NOT common i would say as not many of use has such a big tank which requires such a big skimmer.

i think there are such skimmer in sg. But not the brand which TS is using. Cos i ever came across big skimmer like what TS is using. NOT common i would say as not many of use has such a big tank which requires such a big skimmer.

Neutral is right. beckett skimmer technology is not a new technology. it is invented before needle wheel technology. It is power hog but certainly way better skimmer than needle wheel IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, sorry for such a delayed post. anyway, last saturday afternoon I received a really amazing gift from an amazing friend of mine. opened later at night and cant stop the urge to assembled it. I assembled it after dinner with family from 11 o clock at night until almost 1 o clock in the morning. cramped inside my small small wet room ( i wish i have bigger wet room like harlequin mania's), I successfully assembled this amazing skimmer. here is the picture of the skimmer

20151025_002034_zpsqwwgx9on.jpg

its a mazzei skimmer. an old old old...skimmer technology but hey...who doesnt like a freebies?

• Like 1

Finally the water is in. We are all excited for you lol.

yeah... finally. now lets the cycling game begins... probably i will wait for december to stock em. im waiting for you to cut the ribbon. hahahaha

This tank is such an inspiration! Neat, hidden view of all accessories, huge! Your livestock will love you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you.

yeah, my wife appreciate the most, since there will be no more "eye sore" view

Setting up calcium reactor

reactor height is 1 meter. left (first chamber) filled with 15 kg dastaco/triton media. and right (second chamber) filled with 23 kg of ARM extra coarse media

20151031_094351_zps5skxj5hx.jpg

Inviting my enemy. introducing coralline algae to the new tank

20151031_100815_zps5hgtx91h.jpg

Your equipments everything is over sized lol... Both are calcium media?

Yes, over sized. learnt it from you

yes they are both calcium media. left side is triton dastaco's marble media and right side is ARM xtra course.

the left chamber is the first chamber and the right chamber is the second chamber. i might add one small chamber to help to increase pH a little more by using smaller sized media

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

No more update for   this exciting build?

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• 1 month later...

woah... ive been revived! thank you he for updating the post. sorry for long time absent. the tank had severe crashed due to heavy job schedule and marine velvet. i decided to wait for the marine velvet parasites to die before refilling the tank with new habitats. change the led with radions to excite me back to the hobby. more pictures will follow

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app