Cheap and efficient Protein Skimmer

charlie

saw it at Pasir Ris farm before :lol::lol::lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

If you wan cheap, go for weipro........check out the skim in just 24hrs.

I'm using weipro 2012 and weipro 3000 for the pump. I do get skimmate but not very much and not the kopi kind. I'm shocked you got so much skimmate in just 24hr, mine can't even par by half of what was illustrated given a week! I tune the bubbles slightly above the top most o-ring. Anything wrong with my skimmer? I'm keeping three mid size lions in a 3.5ft x 2ft x 2.5ft. By the way, the pump is alreay in full blast mode.

Any valuable advice?

• SRC Member

I'm using weipro 2012 and weipro 3000 for the pump. I do get skimmate but not very much and not the kopi kind. I'm shocked you got so much skimmate in just 24hr, mine can't even par by half of what was illustrated given a week! I tune the bubbles slightly above the top most o-ring. Anything wrong with my skimmer? I'm keeping three mid size lions in a 3.5ft x 2ft x 2.5ft. By the way, the pump is alreay in full blast mode.

Any valuable advice?

yA, MY SICCE Extrema is full flow, weipro 2012 outlet throttle to minimum, just clean my cup yesterday morning and still getting 1/3 cup of dark chocolate in 36hrs. Haven't been feeding for the past 4 days liao, still so much skimmate :-)

post-17-1079713187.jpg

• SRC Member

for weipro skimmer, i think juz follow their guide for pump and wont go wrong. for 2012, use a 400g/h pump. that translates into 1500l/h or thereabouts. skimmate depends on the DOC in the water, efficiency of skimmer is juz one aspect of it, not to mention power of pump. skimmer may need a couple of days to build a first top layer before you can see the kopi o. some call this the break in period???

not sure if im doing it correctly but i think the weipro air intake should connect to air pump for more bubbles?

who to raise the water level? the outlet is fixed at certain height so that is max or is there a way to adjust?