Hey thanks guys....

Terryz,

My tank is a 2 by 1 1/2 by 1 1/12.

After partition, my actual dimension should be 1 1/2 by 1 1/2 by 1 1/2

Creetin,

light is a 10k blv i think. From PR

Fuel,

###### eh? Very slender right?

Forgot to mention that coral food is Bioplankton and Coralplankton.(Stuff i won from the recent contest.) IMO, bioplankton has resulted in very good polyp extension in my SPS for most part of the day. Great product! Oh yes...Michael, i have not thank you for the kind sponsorship. Thank you!

Lighting: I have good intention of adding another 4 DIY T5 to my 150w MH. Will definitely rock the nano...yippee....

Regards,

Kevin

• SRC Member
IMO, bioplankton has resulted in very good polyp extension in my SPS for most part of the day. Great product!

Agreed. ^_^

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

black sandbed :lol::lol::lol::lol: just made the rest of the colours more outstanding.....

bioplanktons?? hmm ....going to get some this weekend and see the differences...I am currently feeding my sps with GPs and DT...seems like a good alternative :lol:

• SRC Member
wow..###### rockscape.  ;)

Wait till you see Kevin, the man himself! :P

Sorry... totally off topic :off:

But seriously... Kevin, you have outdone yourself yet again with your zen reefscaping! Can't wait to see your tank in a few months when your frags have grown out a little more.

Very sweet setup dude!! :)

• SRC Member

Hey thanks for the comments! Just wanted to make reefing a little fancy and out of the box. Glad you guys like it.

Black sand truly enhances the color of all the beautiful coral that we spend so much of money acquiring. I have done quite a fair bit of research on the kind of black sand suitable for use. At the end of the day, most of the sand from fresh water LFS is fine except for the artificially colored ones. The sharp edges, though, limit the kind of sand sifting fish compatible. Mine is mostly quartz.

Ancelot,

I only switch on the air con when i reach home. Temperature falls to about 25 degrees in the morning. With 2 fans on the same timer as the MH lighting, temperature climbs to 28 degrees throught the day. No issue on that. Windows are kept open to ensure a cool ambient temperature.

Dan bro,

Zen right? This is the secret project i told you about. I think it is nice but not half as nice as yours. I would like to refer to your reef as Dan's Dense Reef ( DDR ). :D

Fireclown,

Hey talk about volcanoe..there is actually an opening at the centre of the rock scape. I wonder if it is obvious in the pics but you can see it in person and my girlfriend commented that it looked like a volcano.

Deepblue,

go get the bioplankton right away! i assure you customer satisfaction. I am definitely buying the marine plankton when it is in stock.

Regards,

Kevin

:lol: bro..I bought the bioplankton liaos.....bioOcean selling it ....but for sps, according to the brochure I picked up, should buy coral plankton...going back to get it this weekend again :lol:

• SRC Member
:lol: bro..I bought the bioplankton liaos.....bioOcean selling it ....but for sps, according to the brochure I picked up, should buy coral plankton...going back to get it this weekend again :lol:

My wrong! it is indeed coral plankton. very paiseh. Good product for the filter feeders though.

Thousand apologies....

:P

• SRC Member

My wrong! it is indeed coral plankton. very paiseh. Good product for the filter feeders though.

Thousand apologies....

:P

Die, ur wrong postin and my misread = DB wasted money on the wrong stuff. :lol: Anyway DB, the Bioplankton r good stuff too especially since u got so many LPS. ;)

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

no lah...I didnt complain or mean anything... I find both products quite solidfrom what I read, so bought one first.... ...but dont want to spend so much and give myself more excuses to dropby BioOcean again....

anyway, I still have a lot of GPs for my sps :lol:

• 3 months later...