Looking for "Saving Private Ryan"

kschew1498

• SRC Member

Hi

I have been searching high and low for this movie in VCD or DVD. Would appreciate if anybody can inform if you have seen any VCD shop selling? :lol:

Previously, Poh Kim did import this movie but I was too late! Sigh! <_<

:thanks:

• SRC Member

If i recalled, ever checked with those shops and they mentioned Orginal Saving Private Ryan is not allowed in S'pore in VCD/ DVD version. Hmm....since its being screen here before but wonder y no VCD/ DVD version? :(

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

• SRC Member
Really exciting and gruesome show hor! Just love it! Was wondering how much you bought from Amazon? :huh:

Try to look ard in some of the local forums, there r pple selling 2nd hand...

Get the DVD version better..the Dolby Surround is shiok...the part where they juz landed on the beach...u can hear the bullets zooming ard in your 5.1 setup.

• SRC Member
btw, u might wanna consider Band of Bros at the same time..Nice show..

Band of bros.....too many epidsode leh.....no time to see after this reefing hobby...hahahaha :lol:

• SRC Member

Band of bros.....too many epidsode leh.....no time to see after this reefing hobby...hahahaha :lol:

Juz watch part 1 and u will get hook. Then u will find time for both the show and ur tank :evil:

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

• SRC Member

Aiya...so good huh....should have bought it in China.....<SGD50 only! kekeke wait for my Mdm next oversea assignment....kekeke :lol:

Yuhoo.....my chiller is here! :lol:

• SRC Member

Band of Brothers IMO far more realistic. Also shows that "history is written by the victors"...as it was detailed on true accounts, u see many American atrocities being performed in the show; looting, murder, etc - the series pulls no punches on this.

Saving Pte Ryan agreed that shld get the DVD and preferably origoinal copy from overseas - if u ship via surface mail, cheapest sites would be Amazon.ca (not amazon.com) or deepdiscountdvd.com - however must forewarn that surface shipping from these 2 sites take ard 8 weeks...

Hope above helps,

Cheers!

• Sponsor

U guys need to consider the fact tha when you buy DVDs from Amazon they are going declare on the customs form that its a DVD and when Sg customs sees that, the package will end up in the Board of Film Censors.

Saving Private Ryan Region 1 DVD is banned in Singapore and it'll be confiscated. And to top it off, they will also charge you a censor's fee.

The best bet is eBay. Instruct the seller to declare it as books, gift etc and you'll evade customs here. eBay DVDs are also cheaper. I bought my B.O.B. region 1 on eBay.

• SRC Member
U guys need to consider the fact tha when you buy DVDs from Amazon they are going declare on the customs form that its a DVD and when Sg customs sees that, the package will end up in the Board of Film Censors.

Saving Private Ryan Region 1 DVD is banned in Singapore and it'll be confiscated. And to top it off, they will also charge you a censor's fee.

The best bet is eBay. Instruct the seller to declare it as books, gift etc and you'll evade customs here. eBay DVDs are also cheaper. I bought my B.O.B. region 1 on eBay.

So far so good; never stopped before. I mainly order impossible to get items, like older/less popular movies, etc. Suspect that if for personal use, customs tend to be more forgiving; none of the packs to date have been opened, let alone detained.

Also for the more reputable e-shops, there is unlikely to be undesirable stuff like ######, so again I suspect that customs tend to be a little easier going on this issue...

• SRC Member

That's the problem.....censorship.....I have ask Sembawang CD shop before and they say it is rated to the extend that it is banned in Singapore. Sigh!

Only recently, by chance I was talking about it and my colleague told me he saw it in Poh Kim in Sengkang but was all gone in a matter of days! Sigh! <_<

kekeke.....my colleague buying a DVD writer!....so......hehehe..... :evil::evil:

• SRC Member
I seriously thought I saw it for sale at Sembawang Junction 8.

Is it recently??!! :yeah:

The sembawang shop I ask was at Bugis Junction....hmm....the joker bluff me!!! :(