Peppermint shrimp

I don't think the camel shrimp nor the peppermint has horizontal white lines on its body nor white antennae.

The camel shrimp has a very distinct hump and has many distinctive white vertical and horizontal lines all over its body.

The peppermint has a dark reddish translucent body with more horizontal than vertical red stripes, like xfusion's pix.

Hypertec's pix looks a Lysmata multicissa, also a cleaner shrimp. It seems to enjoy being out in the open.

Camels and peppermints are usually shy.

• SRC Member
I was there when they were unpacking that lot of fish. I told Linda that that was not the real peppermint, and also told her the proper name. It seems that in their opinion, the words of their Ph supplier holds more weight than mine ;):(

ah... so, wats their real ID? :blink:

• SRC Member

Was so excited when I saw the heading. Don't know how long need to wait for the peppermint to arrive :cry2: . Got a headache with aiptasia. Anyone can loan some first?

• SRC Member

Saw the one at Reborn yesterday...yup...not the peppermint as I do own one. It's rather another form of cleaner shrimp but I believe this one is not clam-safe...

My two cents' worth... :rolleyes: