Chiller Running Overtime

nqh71

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

must see how...

once i see my RA680 working nonstop and yet cannot sustain my 27degree set temperature then i have to get 1hp liao...

buying a 1hp chiller or 1/2hp chiller not much difference in price...but the running cost higher...

i rather have the 1/2 hp running longer than the 1hp and yet save more electricity overall :)

• SRC Member

Finally my nightmare is over. Yesterday reach home found the chiller resting, water temp at 27.0 deg C, photoperiod for 6hrs starting from 2pm ... kee..kee

Morning with lights all turn off, the chiller kicks in at 27.5 deg C and cool to 27.3 deg C in 15-20mins (not sure cause I bathing :P)

• SRC Member

Arctica Review in RC

I notice that the American is using bigger pumps to drive their Arctica. Even a 1/3hp takes a 2400L++ pump with no problem. Maybe a biger pump helps, since the Arctica uses thriple Titanium Coil, 3x at much surface han conventional Titanium. Talk about Titanium, I thought a DIY Titanium coil cost $600 , 3X = 3x$6000 = $1800 :blink::blink::blink:

I wonder if the Titanium ready cost that much???? Maybe the OEM pricing and consumer pricing for titanium coil is many....many times apart? :(

:P Max

• SRC Member
Max

The commercial Ti coils can be purchased locally for $150. Rated for upto 1.5HP eq. of split compressor. 3xprice=$450 only. FYI.

There was a bulk order sometime back for $600 /pcs and lucky I'm not one of those idiot that go and order........ :blink:

Max

• SRC Member

Polar bear most prob. Since can cool Hon's tank so efficiently which is 1200-1300L and mine is only about 1000L. Guess it will have 0 problems cooling my tank fast.

Will be using IKS to control the temp so i think the differential will be about 0.2-0.3 only. Temp will be pretty much constant without 2-3 degrees swings which i think will be more friendly to the inhabitants in the long run..

• SRC Member

Yeah, just confirmed my 1/2HP chiller and will get it installed tonite... yeah!! i feel happy for my tank inhabitants... at last , cool constant temp water...

Will be setting the controller at 27 degrees.

out of curiosity , any advantage in setting lower temp like 26 degrees?