My 3ft SPS Reef

• SRC Member

Rich, sweet tank and specimens! Thanks for sharing. The pink w/ green polyps you saved from the LFS shows much promise. The blue/purple polyp digi is nice too. In fact, they're all nice! :D

Hmmm... we should figure out a way to trade corals half way around the globe. Any ideas? ;)

Danano

• SRC Member
My reef is 65gals with 30gal sump/refugium. Lighting is 2x250 pfo mini pendants with 10k ab bulbs and 2x 95w URI vho actinics. Flow is provided by a Mag 9.5 + 2 ph's. Carbon + phosban is used 24/7 along with a geo reactor to maintain cal and alk.

Anyway, I pride myself on buying poor looking browned-out corals that show a bit of potential such as a faint blue or purple tip, green polyps etc... Sometimes I I get some gems , other times I'm left with a miserable looking chocolate sticks :angry::D. Here's the pics.....

Hi jackson, what's your photoperiod like? How long do you keep your 10K MH ON and how long do you switch on your VHO actinic?

Eric

Achilles, I would gladly trade frags with you any day :shock: The cardinals are pretty hard to get here also. I saw them in my LFS for the first time ever so I figured they must be rare, and they're pretty cool looking so I bought them. Besides the cards, I only have a clown and a lawnmower blenny. I wanted to keep a low bioload so choosing the "perfect" fish was very important for me

Danano, thanks for the kind words. I don't know of a feasible way to ship live coral from Ny to Singapore...shipping costs are too high! BTW how's that purple Humilis doing? I love that piece. Hope mine colors up as nicely.

Eric, I keep my Vho's on for 12hrs daily and halides on for 7 1/2 hrs daily. I upgraded from mogul based 250w halides 2 months ago and I am still slowly increasing my photoperiod to 8hrs of halide lighting. I have noticed that 1/2 hr jump per day makes a BIG difference. Too fast of a photo increase and my colors start to fade etc.....

I can see that your tank has very little coraline aglae, though it is not very crowded . How do you slow down the coraline growth ? Or am i color blind :lol:

When I upgraded my lights a couple of months ago the color of the coraline algae faded some. It is a very light pink color, you can see it all over the back glass...

• 2 months later...