• Yes, if necessary
    • Yes but only for 'hard-core' cases
    • No, not at all
    • Counselling instead
    • Counsel the parents instead
    • Get the parents' to do self-reflections
    • Get the child to do self-reflection
    • Adopt different strategy...pls suggest with a post

Not to sound too blunt, look at kids these days, they are exactly what the Chinese nationals have to say about them.

Also, I met up with some secondary friends a few weekends ago, most of their kids are 1 or 2 allergies away from having to become a bubble boy / girl. Kids are allergic to milk, eggs, peanuts ... u name it

Few years from now, kids below the age of 15 cannot step into a supermarket without going into fits. They can't pour their own drinks coz they're allergic to ceramic. Wait a minute, they can't pour their own drinks ... period.

I have yet to come up with a theory for that, perhaps this new topic will detract you from the age old stick/carrot problem. IMO This deserves more attention now.

When you guys are done with that, then can consier going back to discuss further on are the Chinese nationals telling the truth about local kids.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Local kids are too pampered...no denial about that. The cause? Overprotective parents. The cause? Too few children.

Solution? Have more babies.

Will that work?

Tanzy, I'm not an idealist, just a skeptic searching for an ideal society.

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member
Hey nothing wrong being an idealist :) You gotta have soemthing to aim for.

It's good to be an idealist when you are young because it shows you are ahead of your time but to be an idealist when you are above the age of forty is foolish.

Someone said that but I can't remember who. Idealism is aiming for something totally impossible. Realist has many aims too but of more of course they tend to be more immediate. Immediate but doesn't mean short sighted. If a person is old and yet remains an idealist it means that he/she has failed to learn the lesson of life that the world goes on.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
If a person is old and yet remains an idealist it means that he/she has failed to learn the lesson of life that the world goes on.

Or perhaps the old bugger has not let the world grind him to his feet ;P A fighter, or a wonkie old man- individual interpretation.

But yeah, I think that idealism must be tempered with a sense of realism. What an awful world it will be if there are no lovers or idealists :) Not too mention boring.

• SRC Member

That depends on which is your preference.

To die knowing that the world is imperfect. (Tanzy?)

To die thinking that the world could someday be perfect. (Riot?)

To die disbelieving that the world could ever be perfect. (Chris?)

I think we will all die similarly, of brain tumour from thinking so much over nothing. :lol:

• SRC Member

Tanzy = To die knowing that the world cannot be made perfect by human effort. To rise again when the world is perfect.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
Its a bit stange talking to a guy with a girl dressed up in a giant chicken suit as his avatar.

That's not a chicken. It's a sparrow. <_<

Chris,

I'm not kidding.

post-11-1083336424.jpg

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

Chickens don't go 'chun chun chun'.

post-11-1083337026.jpg

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

You dun hear from me here lah...you know me...when I shoot...it will be verbal diarrhoea... :lol::lol::lol:

Just now...two patient kind souls got the treatment...Should ask them how much tissue they used to wipe their faces off the saliva... :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

I won't take sides.

It looks like a chicken and sounds like a sparrow.

Any way of changing the girl in the suit to Flubby's face?

Opps..wait kanna from her.

peace :P

• SRC Member
It looks like a chicken and sounds like a sparrow.

Any way of changing the girl in the suit to Flubby's face?

Opps..wait kanna from her.

peace :P

oei...I wouldn't want people to think I have a bird brain... ;)

but then...having one also not bad...thinking becomes simpler... :lol::lol::lol:

Die...you kanna liao...Tomolo, you will see an axe or cow's face hanging above your head when you wake up...courtesy of yours truly... :evil::evil::evil:

• SRC Member

y the talk become chicken? There is a difference between child abuse and discipline. Traditional parents believe in austere upbringing of child. dat, if carried too far, leads to child abuse.

• SRC Member

That's the beauty of evolution.

I still think traditional discipline like caning does some good in bringing up obedient and respectful kids. But then again, some studies believe that violence breed violence.

Personally, I think below a certain age, fear is a good disciplinary tool. Beyond that age, got to slowly replace with reponsible thinking and counselling.

the other day, bunch of sec. school kids walk side by side.. have all the road to them, one bang into me.. wah lan..

I buay tahan.. go n knee one kid in the ###### behind, he see me veri buay song.. LL..

Nowadays... hooligans like you are becoming tame.... in the old days.... :fear:

post-11-1083698598.jpg