Where to get titanium ground probe

• SRC Member

Teco chillers can act as grounding probes because the cooling coils which are in contact with the water are grounded. If you have a Teco chiller, you won't need a grounding probe.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

I don't have a chiller... :( The coralife probe is a stainless steel one.

Barra,

I know I can get a 3pin plug from VinMart, the DIY store, and do I buy the wire separate there too ? Where to buy the bike spoke? Can you provide a Microsoft Paint drawing or something, that would be really helpful.

P.S thanks for giving me advice on turtleweed at arofanatics.

• SRC Member

errr... cant attach pictures here

the bike spoke you can buy at any high end bike shop, there is 1 near nature aquarium.

basically you need to connect the spoke with the wire via a wire connector ( the white plastic with 2 screws ) as the spoke cannot be soldered.

seal the connection with gluegun or silicone.

connect the other end of the wire to the earthpin of the plug and take out the other 2 pins. ( meaning there is only 1 pin left in the 3pin plug)

then final steps is to get some suction cups with a hole in the middle( think you can get them in NS households or similar shops).

the wire connector would sit on the first suction cup and the other suction cup would be placed further down to balance the probe

then you plug in it to any wall plug directly, I noticed some extensions they are not earthed properly.

• SRC Member

i found it at Yishun St 22, Blk 259, just below my house :D $8 each.... the boss have a few left only, he sold it so cheap because he dismentle it out from an old bicycle rim.... this is the cheapest i could find, most selling $15~$20 a pcs, I'm going to Diy it using a wire conector... btw, thank's BarraCuda for answering so much of my question in aro...

• SRC Member
There's a bicycle shope in Balestier Hill Shopping Centre (where Nature Aquarium is) that's selling the titanium spokes for about $4.50 a piece. Currently, there's no stock yet but it should be in by end of the week.

Hmmmm... Is Balestier Hill Shopping Centre anywhere near Sealife? And both Nature and the bike shop are near each other, right? Is it one of those older bike shops with an uncle inside or one of the newer, more modern shops?

• SRC Member

Sealife is nearer towards the other end of Balestier Road. Balestier Hill Shopping Centre (hardly a shopping centre if u compare it with what we have today) is directly opposite Thomson Medical Centre near the cross-junction of Thomson Road and Balestier Road, while Sealife is nearer to Whampoa Market/hawker centre, nearing the entry into CTE toward AMK and Rangoon Road.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I found Nature and the bike shop but the man says that he does not stock titanium spokes anymore because they break easily. He also said many people are asking him about titanium spokes and asked me if I called before. :lol:

Now where else to get the spokes?