Bwilly's 4x2x2 tank WIP

bwilly

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh using BioPhos....works well for me bro.Bwilly....he...he...just as good as Rowaphos.... :D

saw some products from seachem..

got seagel (both carbon n phosphate remover)

got those renew.. carbon alike remover..

n dunno wat.. wonder good or not leh.. <_<

u got test your phosphate level??

• SRC Member

saw some products from seachem..

got seagel (both carbon n phosphate remover)

got those renew.. carbon alike remover..

n dunno wat.. wonder good or not leh.. <_<

u got test your phosphate level??

bro Bwilly...seachem not so powerful one....Either RowaPhos or BioPhos good sure gurantee liao..... :D

Phosphate level now at 5ppm....so time to change my Biophos....almost 3 months liao....so not bad....he..he

Phosphate level now at 5ppm....so time to change my Biophos....almost 3 months liao....so not bad....he..he

yeah...faster change your biophos

i think i never reached 0.1 PPM or 0.25PPM, let alone 5PPM :blink:

one should always maintain at 0.03PPM and lower if possible...

5PPM :blink: wow...

5PPM? i cant even measure that on my salifert chart, way off the chart limits already... :blink:

with 20 over years of experience you allow it to climb to 5PPM? wow... :bow:

post-34-1084874191.jpg

• SRC Member

yeah...faster change your biophos

i think i never reached 0.1 PPM or 0.25PPM, let alone 5PPM :blink:

one should always maintain at 0.03PPM and lower if possible...

5PPM :blink: wow...

5PPM? i cant even measure that on my salifert chart, way off the chart limits already... :blink:

with 20 over years of experience you allow it to climb to 5PPM? wow... :bow:

Oiiiii....but livestock all more healthier then yours ok...show off..... :lol:

Oiiiii....but livestock all more healthier then yours ok...show off..... :lol:

whether your livestocks are healthier than mine or not is besides the point and i am sure reefers here can come to their own conclusions whether yours are indeed healthier than mine...we do not have to self-praise our stuff :rolleyes::lol::rolleyes:

this is not about the health of my livestock or your livestock...can you be more objective? :)

your phosphate readings are very high and yet you are saying this kinda things :bow:

I guess it is always good to re-check the phospahate level.....

bwilly....really not using contraphos liaoz.??? I have one tub sitting on the shelf...can pass to you first...I will be receiving my second tub soon.....

:lol:

Anyway....it would not be a good way of judging who has better phosphate level by judging the 'conditions' of the fishes alone..................... and to be frank.....I have yet to see such a healthy collection of purple queens so far in a reef tank :lol::lol::lol: (coming from a person who lost quite a few PQs)

whether your livestocks are healthier than mine or not is besides the point and i am sure reefers here can come to their own conclusions whether yours are indeed healthier than mine...we do not have to self-praise our stuff :rolleyes::lol::rolleyes:

this is not about the health of my livestock or your livestock...can you be more objective? :)

your phosphate readings are very high and yet you are saying this kinda things :bow:

looks like motor mouth is on the loose again.... :lol: if you're such an expert why didn't you become a marine biologist in the first place....(I think not)...... :lol: Obviously you have a problem with AP here and I've been logging on just to see what you have to say all this time. She was kind enough to admit that shes faces the same problems like everyone else and you have to be the expert to criticise her readings.....man what a shame.... :sick:

Honestly...I am getting tired of your attitude because if you don't have anything nice to say keep it to yourself. She knows her readings are high (and like you didn't have a problem with algae before) and shes telling what is the truth.....man this is really something coming from you Roidan.

looks like motor mouth is on the loose again

Maybe we want to remember.....

1) the discussion was done on the acceptable reading of phosphate level, at a very technical level..if Roidan's idea of good phosphate level is wrong..we would love to see some good arguements put up with facts ... :lol: (that's what the forum is about)

2) NOT ABOUT how healthy whose fishes are...

3) thought maybe you guys can take this out of bro bwilly's new tank thread instead.

4) I also feel that resorting to name calling here isnt what this forum is about....

• SRC Member

Maybe we want to remember.....

1) the discussion was done on the acceptable reading of phosphate level, at a very technical level..if Roidan's idea of good phosphate level is wrong..we would love to see some good arguements put up with facts ... :lol: (that's what the forum is about)

2) NOT ABOUT how healthy whose fishes are...

3) thought maybe you guys can take this out of bro bwilly's new tank thread instead.

4) I also feel that resorting to name calling here isnt what this forum is about....

hey Deepblue....I was merely letting Bwilly know my Phosphate level but I think I am begining to wonder what Roidan has against me in the first place...... :blink: I don't appreciate the remark he made in the first place. It was already clear that his phosphate level is "super" and mine is not so what else is there to know? <_< ....so I didn't start it but if you're one of his buddies then I guess you'll take his side on this.....why am I even trying to explain..... :erm:

Bro Bwilly apologies..... :bow:

true lah....thought maybe we can all learn more about the proper phosphate level and how best to manage it....

I am not siding anyone...but as what happened in other sections(about contraphos/rowaphos or the beckett issue)...it will be great to provide some good facts and know hows so everyone can benefit as well...good intelligent sparring based on facts are better than name calling anyday, right? :lol::lol: really a hot day today...... :whistle (me must go switch on aircon)

BTW, a buddy of him?? met him once....cannot say buddy lah..... I dun bro bro with pple just like that....bwilly, on the other hand has gone out of the way to help me a couple of times... ;):peace::peace::peace:

anyway....dun worry...I wont reply anymore on this issue...as I am NOT siding anyone .... :peace:

looks like motor mouth is on the loose again....

Hi Storm,

I seriously do not think name calling is good here. Roidan is just pointing out that for PO4 at 5ppm it is very high, which is also time to change out the xxxphos and I do not see anything wrong in that.

PO4 at that concentration is just asking for trouble only, hmm... also makes me wonder abt the power of the RSB :P

I guess the better way is to put up some hard facts rather than getting too emotional.

I've been following all the threads and I do not see in anyway Roidan has any problem with AP at all. The discussion has been to the point and based with facts.

Hi Storm,

I seriously do not think name calling is good here. Roidan is just pointing out that for PO4 at 5ppm it is very high, which is also time to change out the xxxphos and I do not see anything wrong in that.

PO4 at that concentration is just asking for trouble only, hmm... also makes me wonder abt the power of the RSB :P

I guess the better way is to put up some hard facts rather than getting too emotional.

I've been following all the threads and I do not see in anyway Roidan has any problem with AP at all. The discussion has been to the point and based with facts.

bro Weileong....you're his buddy....I understand....just like he calls me and AP one all the time. He shouldn't butt in when his opinion was not needed and he made a remark to make AP look bad with her 20 odd years in reef experience. This I definitely don't condone for a minute.

And by the way.....I asked her to write in a 5ppm because I knew that he would answer it. Her ppm is much lower then that because "we're buddies" remember like what our friend has decided to call us.

So don't add words saying that you're thinking the RSB is not what it adds up to be because I have seen it unlike you guys who love putting people down. By the way are you experts by any chance?! :evil: I thought not.....see we're here to learn and not put people down by claiming to be "the know it all" here.

You or the other buddies of Roidan may not think anything but I have been closely following what he writes whenever AP replies to someone. I think theres something wrong somewhere with this guys attitude. He needs to recheck it because normally I wouldn't call any names but this guy has irked me quite a bit I must say.. :angry:

Oh yeah.....one more thing....AP wanted to close her thread because of him , now thats a concern. Shes a nice person and I was sad to hear what was going on.

storm ..

comments are getting emotional here with name callings

anyway, who has been factual in his or her comments,

reefers who are discerning will be able to know... :)

who reasons with facts and who reasons with emotions,

clear headed reefers will know... :)

as such, i have only pointed out the high level of phosphates and get such a response from you, what if i point out more questionable stuff? I guess we probably have to smoothen out the issues in person? ;)

neh, i dun think we need to resort to that...

and i dun need to be a marine biologist to know that 5ppm of phosphates is high in this context :)

cool it man...you never know how things will be like

*the day after tomorrow* :lol:

storm ..

comments are getting emotional here with name callings

anyway, who has been factual in his or her comments,

reefers who are discerning will be able to know... :)

who reasons with facts and who reasons with emotions,

clear headed reefers will know... :)

as such, i have only pointed out the high level of phosphates and get such a response from you, what if i point out more questionable stuff? I guess we probably have to smoothen out the issues in person? ;)

neh, i dun think we need to resort to that...

and i dun need to be a marine biologist to know that 5ppm of phosphates is high in this context :)

cool it man...you never know how things will be like

*the day after tomorrow* :lol:

honestly all I need to say is to get your head checked because it's has really sickened me to know you love bullying a girl..... <_<

will do the check... ;)

but i dun think this is a little girl i am dealing with here....besides

i dun think i am bullying by raising issues out of nothing...and i appreciate

intellectual debates based on facts and not emotions..

if you can find me a credible source that mentions that 5ppm phosphates in a reef tank is not high, i can definitely take back my words anytime, afterall, like you said, i am not a marine biologist and definitely willing to take the humble pie if my opinions are wrong :)

i am just referring to AP's phosphate levels in this context and

i have given due praise to AP also in other aspects just like you recently did :rolleyes: but if all AP and you want to hear are just good comments, then i rest my case ;)

bro Weileong....you're his buddy....I understand....just like he calls me and AP one all the time. He shouldn't butt in when his opinion was not needed and he made a remark to make AP look bad with her 20 odd years in reef experience. This I definitely don't condone for a minute.

And by the way.....I asked her to write in a 5ppm because I knew that he would answer it. Her ppm is much lower then that because "we're buddies" remember like what our friend has decided to call us.

So don't add words saying that you're thinking the RSB is not what it adds up to be because I have seen it unlike you guys who love putting people down. By the way are you experts by any chance?! :evil:  I thought not.....see we're here to learn and not put people down by claiming to be "the know it all" here.

You or the other buddies of Roidan may not think anything but I have been closely following what he writes whenever AP replies to someone. I think theres something wrong somewhere with this guys attitude. He needs to recheck it because normally I wouldn't call any names but this guy has irked me quite a bit I must say.. :angry:

Oh yeah.....one more thing....AP wanted to close her thread because of him , now thats a concern. Shes a nice person and I was sad to hear what was going on.

I've only met Roidan once at LCK110 and I've also only met AP once in the LFS near to reborn so I am buddy of roidan as well as AP? I am pointing out the facts only but since you cannot accept it then too bad.

I'll to tell you straight that I am no buddy of Roidan, I don't see any reasons why you should step in and start calling pple by names. For this you're in the wrong. You can be angry, you don't see pple going around committing murder because they are angry? Is that a good reason? End up they get hanged.

If she had a good skimmer then her PO4 will not be 5ppm, oh yes now I heard that "you asked her to write 5ppm".

You don't have to try to bring out those "20 yrs experience" means nothing. Ultimately her knowledge will be shown in her tank condition. Let's see how it goes further down the rd. Oh yes only experts can reply in SRC huh? Then who do you consider experts? Are you an expert? Cos you can ask someone to post her PO4 level as 5ppm.

Sorry if my post pissed you off, I shall not reply anymore.

• SRC Member

WOW !!! whats that all about !!

Life is already stressful in Singapore - so cool it ok, guess we are all here to learn and exchange ideas??? so cooooool it :D

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

wow suddenly have so much thing after i off work..

anyway from what I read from book "Aquarium Corals Selection, Husbandy, and Natural History by Eric H. Borneman" I believe alot will know how gd this book is..

and inside the book it did mention about p04 here it is

"Phosphate levels should remain extrmely low; preferably at untestable level" in bold somemore...

And level above 0.3 ppm are considered problematic in the aquarium and potentially disastrous in the wild.

Note: me not siding any side.. just stating the fact from this book.. just to share and hope clear the arguement..

appreciate your thoughts and truth about PO4 Alan...... :)

but we all know already why it has to be the lowest.....right?

I am not saying that what Roidan is saying is out of context or flase but what I don't understand is why he needs to belittle someone he has never met.....?

doesn't he think AP knows about PO4? Da boss never added his 2 cents worth or made a sarcastic remark each time AP decides to share her experience be it bad or good and I don't see her blowing her trumpet constantly.

his remark goes as follows: " With your 20 years in reef experience , how could you let your phosphate levels be at 5ppm" I think thats sarcastic to me and thats not the first.

• SRC Member
appreciate your thoughts and truth about PO4 Alan...... :)

but we all know already why it has to be the lowest.....right?

I am not saying that what Roidan is saying is out of context or flase but what I don't understand is why he needs to belittle someone he has never met.....?

Well nvm about that... come on we r all virtual here...

so why argue so much... maybe he dont mean it or put it in the wrong way..

and other who read it have another idea about it...

just forget about it and happy reefing... we r all here to share info... so sit back and enjoy..

you ask AP lor.. a few months back me have a urge with her.... but now.. we just keep quiet and stop it.. no point urging.. no hard feeling...

be happy and go luck...

• SRC Member

Hey guys and girls....let's not fight over this phosphate issue. I think the message is loud and clear that 5ppm for phosphate is way too high.

AP, if your tank is really 5ppm, better go fix it now before the hairy algae takes over the tank. If it is not, then let's move on. We should not hijack Bro Billy thread for this.