Cyclop-eeze

loonz

• SRC Member

Thanks folks...guess i got the wafer form instead..

ANyways Terryz, according to the cyclopeeze webpage, one has to keep the frozen one at -16C....is it possible to keep that in our common freezers ?? just curious... :look:

• SRC Member
Thanks folks...guess i got the wafer form instead..

ANyways Terryz, according to the cyclopeeze webpage, one has to keep the frozen one at -16C....is it possible to keep that in our common freezers ?? just curious... :look:

r u refering 2 the 1 shown in the pic??

• SRC Member
if im dosing DT,i dont have to dose cyclopeeze anymore right?

Bro,

cyclopeeze is different from DT.

DT is phytoplankton (meaning floating plant).

Phytoplankton size range from 5 micron to about 30 microns. Namely nannochloropsis, isochrysis and tetraselmis.

Phytoplankton is used mostly for filter feeders which can only feed on very small 'foods' of less than 20 microns. Examples: clams, certain sps, coco worms, feather worms, christmas tree worms, all copepods, amphipods, all dendronephtyas, xenias, jewels, gonios and many other hard and soft corals which do not catch large prey or do not actively catch prey.

Cyclopeeze is similar in size to newly hatched brine shrimp which is used to feed baby fish fry as well as many corals which can actively catch prey, such as suncorals, sea fans, brains, pratas, certain sps, hydnophoras. These are considered too large for most corals but are great for smaller fish such as anthias, damsels, gobies and fishes with small mouths.

The nutritional value of cyclopeeze is much much higher than brine shrimp and is great in bringing out colours in fish.

I use cyclopeeze in all my fish food mix. I strongly recommend it. However, my own good experience is with the frozen version which I believe to be fresher and more healthy and full of juicy goodness. hehehe :lol: