Tunze wavebox

corrado

WOAH!!!!! :lol: :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

Interesting wave action but if only it could 'swing' in smaller 'blocks'.

You definitely need an euro-braced tank, not only for splash protection over the edges but also to strengthen the tank as this side ways rocking movement will cause a lot of stress to the siliconed joints.

• SRC Member
Interesting wave action but if only it could 'swing' in smaller 'blocks'.

You definitely need an euro-braced tank, not only for splash protection over the edges but also to strengthen the tank as this side ways rocking movement will cause a lot of stress to the siliconed joints.

The wavebox is apparently tunable - it is basically a modified tunze stream in a 4" x 4" x 11" comline box. The wave can be tuned up to 2 cm high but it looks more in the video. Cost is apparently in the high USD$400+. Waiting for more details to come out.......

Intelligent people talk about ideas......

Average people talk about things......

Small people talk about other people......

IMO If this thing works by rocking the whole block of water from side to side, i think it's not gonna be very effective in dispersing the nutrients and organic waste in the water. Imagine a container of clear water being drip with a few drop of coloured dye, which method will disperse the colour faster. Rocking it from side to side or or throwing in a normal ph

Oic now i know how it works. But imagine 2 cm wave of water gushing into the the overflow box in the corner. Then nothing at all. 1 to 2 sec later another wave of water rush into the box again. Seem quite terok leh for those and most of us who use overflow boxes and sump design kind of filtration system.

hmmm... seems like a small problem compared to the danger of the tank and stand coming apart or having a huge tidal wave washing over the side once the resonance point is reached. Maybe I'm just paranoid. :P

• SRC Member
well let see if anyone in src is brave enough to try this on their super re-enforce tank in months to come

Wow, this wavemaker is cool.......can any RMS (Rich Man's Son) buy this gadget and strip it for the PMS (Poor Man's Son) to study on the technology inside?

Could it be a positive displacement pump inside?..........*scratch head*

Eric

• SRC Member
creetin,

thank god i was not the only one who felt dizzy....

tot i needed to change my monitor :P

hahaha after playback 3times....my heads still dancin now like the fishes...... :eyeblur::eyeblur::eyeblur: