Return pump?

I'm currently looking for a 2000+ h/l pump as a return for my Sump. Can anyone advise which brand is better (e.g minimum heat, less power consumption, etc) and less costly?

Hi

I'm new myself and not in a position to advise but, if you give your budget, somebody would be able to help you better.

Do you recomend to get a Eheim model?

not a bad choice too...... weigh the pros and cons including budget constraint, reliability, etc. b4 making ur purchase. ;)

hv attached a link to ehiem website here.

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=2766679/K=ehiem/v=2.../www.eheim.com/

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

Do you mean Eheim is not as good as Resun or it is not reliable? What's pros and cons for both? Can advise? Thanks

come on bro, go read abt it urself.......i dun mean to sound harsh, but dun expect to be spoon fed yah? ;) reviews on both brands can surely be found in SRC. u r the one that's gonna buy the pump u want. make ur own judgement ok? :eyebrow:

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

i prefer germany stuff , will recommand eheim to u if u are willing to pay 100+++,

it is gd lah ... hee hee

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

maybe u can consider ocean runner by aqua medic.. but its going to be slightly more ex then ehiem.. but u save on electricity bill in the long run, furthermore.. less heat produced also..

for ocean runner 2500.. 2400l/h... power consumption only 38w..

• SRC Supporter

if your main concern is the heat it produce.. go for the least heat output..because later you wil be adding powerhead..lights than each of them produce alittle more heat it wil be hot.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

maybe u can consider ocean runner by aqua medic.. but its going to be slightly more ex then ehiem.. but u save on electricity bill in the long run, furthermore.. less heat produced also..

for ocean runner 2500.. 2400l/h... power consumption only 38w..

I disagree. :pinch:

I totally second AT....There is no such thing as using much more elecrticity and producing lesser heat...It is expensive in the sence that it is made by different manufacturer and at a different cost ..so Its totally a different issue... But, if u want a real good and reliable pump which have spare parts which is good for the long run, get EHIEM...Although it may be at a little bit..Ex..$100++..

Just my opinion.. :)

Agreed that Eheim would be a better choice. I have 2 Eheim and they are running fine. As for china made, my experience tell me that the specifications are usually not accurate. Furthermore, leakage of electricity can be danagerous too. :pinch:

Just my opinions. ;)